United States-Kohala Coast-The Fairmont Orchid
Chef de Partie
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Assisting in creating an outstanding food and beverage experience in Binchotan Bar & Grill, while positively affecting all pillars and Fairmont standards. As Chef de Partie you will train, supervise and work with all cook and culinary staff in order to prepare and present the robatayaki cuisine according to hotel standard recipes in order to create quality food products.
Reporting to the Chef De Cuisine, Executive Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting and mentoring fellow Colleagues
• Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
• Assist Chef Team in overall planning of culinarian operation as needed.
• Set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness, Maintain and Improve Sanitation in department and bring a focus and deliver an excellent Ecosure Score
• Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
• Responsible to supervise Culinary Colleagues.
• Expedite restaurants both outside and inside of line as needed.
• Coordinates daily tasks with the Chef De Cuisine.
• Facilitate culinary needs as needed in absence of Chef De Cuisine.
• Covers and assist other outlets as needed.
• Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
• Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards and the ability to instruct on and coordinate new menu items.
• Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
• Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
• Consults daily with Binchotan Chef De Cuisine and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
• Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business
• Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
• Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
• Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
• Liaise daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
• Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations
• Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
• Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
• Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Carry out any other duties as required by management.
Management / Supervisory
09.Dec.2018, 9:59:00 AM