GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops, maintains and upgrades manual or automated test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools required to execute test plans.
• Performs usability testing for total system performance, reliability, scalability and security.
• Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written forms.
• Controls and manages own daily test activities.
• Provides internal quality assurance.
• Supports test lead to identify risks and develops mitigation strategies.
• Organizes and maintains the test script library.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of methods, tools and technology used in software testing
• Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets needs of client/business partner
• Knowledge of basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies
• Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of object-oriented development tools, techniques and principles with expertise in at least one object-oriented language
• Knowledge of functions, features and components of existing and planned operating systems and applications
• Skill in understanding and focusing on the client needs
• Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
• Ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
• Ability to deliver results under pressure
• Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills working with technical and non-technical individuals
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors and public
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role requiring basic skills with a developing level of proficiency. Maintains a record of test progress and test results. Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consult with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three years demonstrated experience in software testing.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.