Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Director of Product, leading Merchant Data Products team. Partnering with Engineering and Design to bring great Reporting, Data and Insights solutions to our merchant customers.
Director of Product Management; Merchant Data Products - PayPal Enterprise Solutions
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 250 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
About the Enterprise Solutions Merchant Data Products team
Keeping the engine of the global economy strong and growing, the Enterprise Solutions team, a member of the PayPal Merchant organization, is responsible for helping millions of PayPal merchants manage and run their businesses on web and mobile. In the Merchant Data Product team we are responsible for building Reporting, Activity and Insights products that support PayPal business customers, from casual sellers to the world’s largest businesses. We are currently working on building new enterprise-grade solutions to make our products even more dependable for large/enterprise customers, putting ourselves in the best position to continue powering the world’s largest e-commerce and payments applications at a scale few companies can match.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for a Director of Product to lead a talented team of Product Managers to deeply understand our customer’s needs, work with our excellent Design and Development teams to deliver solutions that delight our customers and partner deeply with our Commercial teams around the world to bring them to market. Ideally you will have experience in Reporting, Activity and Data products in a financial, acquiring or fintech environment, even better if you have worked with large enterprises as your customers. You must be passionate about solving customer problems through discovery and iterative solution development.
On the personality side, you are the right person for PayPal if you are willing to:
- Be driven to get results and not let anything get in your way.
- Collaborate effectively across multiple teams and geographies.
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle issues before they escalate.
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed.
- Demonstrate leadership in a highly matrixed environment.
- Show pride and passion for helping businesses thrive around the globe.
As a Director of Product you will guide your team and will work with Designers, Engineering leaders and Domain Technical Leads building new experiences and improving existing products, developing robust solutions and dependable products for PayPal’s merchants. You will drive strategy for the MDP domain across our Large Enterprise, Mid Market and SMB segments, partnering globally with our Commercial teams. You will lead and partner with many teams across PayPal to deliver End to End solutions. You will exemplify a data driven approach to everything your team does. Excellent communication skills across a wide range of stakeholders are critical.
- 8+ years' experience with Software or technology Product Management and/or development.
- 4+ years' experience working with global products.
- Strong understanding of Payments and Fintech industry, including enterprise Reporting.
- Proven experience of managing products, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners;
- Ability to lead decision making conversations about ownership, funding, creating, managing and maintaining shared services and platforms, including a demonstrated ability to think holistically about the customer experience.
- A strong track record of delivering high quality technology products and customer experiences in a very high growth environment where priorities and structures shift rapidly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to dynamic nature of discussions with other engineering and product teams.
- Demonstrated experience both executing large-scale projects and fast product iterations;
- Bonus points if you've worked with large amounts of data and good at drawing insights from that data.
- Experience with SaaS, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures (ideally REST APIs)
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or a Business Degree , MS or MBA preferred.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.