ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will provide the support and key source of financial expertise to the commercial business unit of ANI Vietnam
- Reporting directly to Trade Finance Manager
- Subordinate: NA
- Working location: 18 Luy Ban Bich Street, Tan Thoi Hoa Ward, Tan Phu Dist., HCM
2, Core job responsibilities:
- Lead the financial planning, analysis and overall due diligence for trade commercial function of Abbott Nutrition International Vietnam.
- Attend key commercial meetings to develop an understanding of the market dynamics, and act as the primary coordinator to trade commercial function for forecasting and financial analysis.
- Autonomously evaluate and analyze financial information and business trends to develop reconciliations, variance explanations, risk assessments, and solutions. Provide financial advice, counseling, and recommendation that significantly influence the decision-making process and direction of trade commercial function leaders.
- Evaluate Pricing, trade terms and condition investment for customers. Evaluation is done on the level customers, regions and channels
- Track and analyze all revenue deduction spending by Channels/by Regions. Providing Sales/Commercial leaders insightful information for decision making
- Develop and drive embedment of financial processes and tools (customer profitability analysis, channel profitability analysis, LBE, ROI, Cost to serve, etc.) for better control and predictability. Help institutionalize an “ROI mentality” across the organization.
- Maintain the pricing, discount & volume details and update accordingly based on commercial functions’ inputs. Calculate sales volume, price, and standard margin variances of SKUs within the business unit. Explain variances based on marketing and trade feedback.
- Update and monitor market status of products. Understand the impact of market dynamics, share, and innovation on the forecast assumptions. Ensure company sales forecast is based on measurable assumptions and is aligned to understanding of market dynamics.
- Evaluate margin impact related to investment decisions, pricing and promotions, and business development opportunities to commercial function leaders to support the making of decisions.
- Assist the Trade Finance Manager in controlling marketing and operating expenditures in line with company financial instructions. Maintain the details of trade marketing activities and reconcile to the expenditure forecast.
- Perform financial analysis on trade and promotion programs to ensure optimum performance at lowest possible costs.
- Track and monitor Trade budget utilization and assure compliance with defined company accounting principles and budget.
- Maintain affiliate P&L actual and forecast. Integrate affiliate’s assumptions into the business unit P&L, and communicate in an efficient manner.
- Act as the single provider of relevant business unit data to the Trade Finance Manager for consolidation into FP&A reporting including Plan, LBE, and long-term innovation forecasts. Provide explanation within commercial functions for monthly reports including Sales Flash, MFR.
- Perform financial analysis to support the Demand Planning function during IFR & S&OP preparation.
- Set up automated templates & reports. Maintain or improve existing financial templates and reports.
- Special projects as directed by the Trade Finance Manager
MINIMUM BACKGROUND/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a Trade/Sales and/ or Commercial Finance or similar role
Core Skill Requirement:
- Good command of English
- Ability to partner with commercial functions for key decision making
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial and accounting data, and summarize in a manner which can be communicated to commercial function leaders in an efficient manner
- Knowledge of the principles, processes and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of the impact of market dynamics and competitor activity, and the ability to challenge constructively assumptions of commercial function leaders.
- Financial analysis capability using MS Excel, PowerPoint and other tools
Core Trait/Behavior Requirement:
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
• Bachelors degree in accounting/finance.