About the organization:-
Ubisoft Pune is proud to be one of the most creative video game studios in India with more than 700 talented employees covering many areas of expertise. We are looking for a strong Lead 3D Character artist, a challenging opportunity for an individual to develop his expertise and capabilities to grow his career.
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
Job Title: Lead 3D Character Artist
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including characters, creatures and weapons in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications.
- Sculpt/model UV & texture and integrate both high & low polygon meshes in a PBR pipeline.
- Verify the quality of objects in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Work with Technical Artists to maintain and improve Character Art pipeline
- Monitor the quality of outsourced character assets to ensure technical and artistic integrity.
- Provide proxy models for early game integration
- Mentor and train other 3D artists.
- College Diploma/Degree in graphic design, 3D, video game development or equivalent training.
- 5 years’ games industry experience with industry 3D packages, preferably 3DSMax & ZBrush.
- Experience working on published AAA games a strong advantage.
- Expert knowledge of 3DSMax.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop.
- Expert knowledge of ZBrush and Substance Painter.
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity.
- Strong high & low resolution modeling and texturing skills.
- Familiarity with game development cycle.
- Good understanding of human anatomy
- Good organization skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written).
- Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- Self-motivated and agile.
Note: Applications without portfolio, will not be considered for this position.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes