Crunchyroll is looking for a creative, detail oriented, and exceptionally well organized Materials Coordinator that is passionate about Anime.
The Materials Coordinator will be responsible for the collection, quality control and coordination of assets used for Anime Dub Localization, and assist in the distribution of completed products for Crunchyroll. This position will work within a complete production process from asset acquisition to distribution and will require communication with external partners and vendors.
- Coordinate with our partners around the globe to acquire and deliver materials for all aspects of anime distribution.
- Work with content partners to gather the appropriate materials for downstream distribution and localization (including subtitling and dubbing).
- Perform quality control checks on deliveries and clearly communicate materials issues to partner
- Build and maintain delivery schedules that coordinate with project rollout plans.
- Efficiently track and archive all media assets associated with each project.
- Must be able to read, speak, and write emails in Japanese at a near native level fluency.
- Must be able to communicate the contents of Japanese correspondence and materials in English.
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex projects with challenging deadlines.
- Technical background must include familiarity with video processing, asset delivery workflows, Google suite and comfort working with command line interfaces.
- Must be familiar with localization workflows. Familiarity of subtitling workflows is a plus.
- Comfortable working outside normal business hours.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with aplomb and grace.
- Must have knowledge of anime.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience coordinating projects in the equivalent of media production, post production, digital media, or advertising.
- Knowledge of voiceover production, DVD and Blu-ray authoring, package design, and digital streaming processes.
- Familiarity with subtitling workflows.
- Proficiency in non-English languages.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet friendly environment - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Ellation What’s with the name, Ellation? We’re all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we’re building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Chisinau to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll is the world’s largest destination for anime and manga. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
VRV is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, sister-brand Rooster Teeth, Viacom’s NickSplat, and WB Digital’s DramaFever. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.