SquareTrade is looking for a Business Analyst. This role will leverage internal and external data to uncover insights that drive revenue and margin growth with our retail partners.
Internally, you’ll work closely with our SVP of Sales, Director of Sales Operations, and Merchant Account Director. You’ll work on the most important company initiatives with the broader Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Experience, and Product cross-functional team. You’ll research, evaluate, and recommend the initiatives and actions to drive SquareTrade’s revenue growth. You’ll organize and lead thinking on the Channel team’s approach to revenue and budget planning to ensure profitable growth.
Externally, you will work extremely closely with the Sr. Merchant, as well as the broader cross functional team. You will be responsible for improving business intelligence, KPI reporting, and item setup and mapping. Candidates must be able to work from Merchant headquarters multiple times per week.
The ideal candidate will be a great problem-solver, extremely analytical, detail oriented, organized, results driven, collaborative, and eager to learn new subject matter.
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT THIS ROLE?
- Cross-functional Collaboration: You’ll be exposed to numerous teams throughout the business, both internally and externally. This is a position with a lot of runway and exposure to many aspects of the business.
- High-Visibility: You’ll get to work directly with management, thought leaders, and other influencers across the organization, internally and externally.
- Impact and Ownership: You’ll drive progress on meaningful and impactful projects without micromanagement.
- Channel Analytics: Utilize internal and external sales data to build business intelligence reporting with a focus on KPIs and ROI. Organize data, develop recurring dashboards, lead ad hoc analyses, and create presentations for our channel partners.
- Supply Chain Management & Logistics: Forecast inventory needs, oversee printed collateral production schedules, and ensuring on-time delivery; making certain the right product, is in the right place, at the right time, in the right quantity.
- Revenue Growth & Optimization: Work with Channel partner Account Director on assortment and pricing analyses, revenue forecasting and planning, and analyzing promotional events.
- Cross Functional Team Collaboration: Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics to internal and external stakeholders. You will partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop the store segmentation strategy.
- BA or BS required.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience. Preferred backgrounds include top performing management consultants, investment bankers, and other high-caliber individuals from leading retailers and CPG companies.
- 2+ years working in retail or CPG, ideally with or for Sam’s Club and/or Walmart strongly preferred.
- SQL, Tableau, and other analytical software experience strongly preferred.
Who we are: SquareTrade is the fastest growing company in the consumer protection space. We’re revolutionizing this $30b industry by taking a maniacal focus to customer satisfaction. We work with the most sophisticated retailers and OEMs in the world (e.g., Amazon, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Fitbit). Our customers love us – just check out our 240,000 Facebook fans. And our team is among the brightest in the biz.
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO