Develops departmental plans. Manages the direction and execution of financial activities and projects. Provides guidance and leadership to subordinate supervisors and exempt specialist employees. Works actively with staff to develop best method to manage workload and solve problems. Assists as needed in resolving complex problems that impact team and other functions. Takes significant leadership in emphasizing continuous improvement. Recommends and manages budgets, schedules and performance standards. May recommend changes to the organizational structure. Typically manages the staff for multiple related units. Additionally, employees are expected to abide by all internal control & compliance practices to: - Safeguard assets from theft and misuse. - Ensure segregation of duties to minimize fraud. - Comply with business ethics, applicable laws and regulations. - Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. - Periodically reconciles physical assets to accounting records.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting or Finance required, Masters degree is a plus
- 6-8 years of applicable experience; commercial credit or bank lending experience a plus but not a prerequisite
- Financial Analysis: superior skill in analyzing trading partner profitability, capital structure, liquidity profile and working capital management, and assessing management competency, to gauge risk. Confidently and successfully engages in business dialogue with trading partner owners and CFOs across all levels of enterprise size and sophistication, drawing out salient facts and insights necessary to accurately assess risk and recommend risk taking or mitigating actions to business partners.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and activities, often in the face of tight deadlines. Applies lean principles to direct and adjacent processes to achieve highest state of fitness in business processes.
- Problem solving skills - listens carefully, probes to understand other’s point of view. Identifies and validates facts to accurately assess risks and situations. Tactfully manages confrontation with dealers, customers and suppliers while preserving positive working relationships
- Leadership – establishes well informed points of view on difficult issues and leads the team and business partners to valid outcomes. Advances dialogue on points of view without abdicating accountability or dictating adoption of solutions. Recognizes and fills leadership voids where cross-functional leadership is missing.
- Judgement – comfortable making decisions and recommending courses of action in the face of ambiguity; independently decisive when facts and circumstances support a clear course of action.
- Communication skills – Expresses thoughts clearly and succinctly, orally and in writing. Tailors communications to different audiences. Superior listening skills. Makes technical points understandable. Successfully manages (to conclusion) conversations where tension is high. Exercises the highest degree of confidentially in all areas of work.
- Superior computer skills. Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, Microsoft Powerpoint.