Front End Developer, Saggezza — Chicago, IL
What’s the role?
Saggezza is a technology consulting organization that helps companies embrace cutting-edge solutions and improvements. As consultants, developers, and analyst we help our clients adapt and transform the way in which they do business.
We’re looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to join our firm in Chicago, IL. This position requires traveling to different client sites when needed.
Every project will be different, but you’ll always be responsible for:
- Actively managing deadlines and the project’s schedule
- Interacting with the client to clearly understand requirements and needs
- Producing user interface code, adhering to the style and guidance of the design and technical teams and adhering to all required business requirements
- Creating a consistent look and feel for all cross browser testing
- Working collaboratively alongside developers, UX researchers, and designers in an agile environment/workflow
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2+ years of front end development experience
- Expert in writing thoughtful, well-formed: XHTML, HTML5, and CSS3
- Extensive understanding of responsive web design/development, especially with CSS Flexbox and media queries
- Understanding of CSS, pre-processors, such as LESS or SASS
- Experience working with different image and output formats to optimize output size and performance
- Process improvement skills and a think outside the box mentality
- Strong attention to detail and excellent documentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related field
What we’d love you to have:
- Familiarity with ADA compliance guidelines
- Knowledge of Salesforce Business Manager development
- Familiarity with Eclipse (IDE)
- Familiarity with User Experience (UX) best practices and interaction models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and be a leader in a creative and fast –pace environment
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry about it: we still want to hear from you if you think you’re the right person for the job.
Why join our team?
- Work on major software projects for FTSE 500 companies
- Work directly with our clients’ C-level executives from day one
- We’re growing — fast. Come on board for the chance to grow with us
- Enjoy an agile and collaborative culture as part of a team of likeminded individuals
- We have offices across North America, Europe, and India, which means global opportunities for career advancement
- Travel and work on-site with some of the world’s biggest companies
Have you found us through our Saggezza Careers site? If not, take a look to find out more about life at Saggezza in each of our locations.
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.