Auto req ID
HR Job Code
100413 Software Developer
- Develops, tests and implements software solutions.
- Designs software solutions to address business needs.
- Writes code, tests and deploys software.
- Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
- Maintains and debugs software.
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies
Application Design, Architecture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Application Development Tools - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Maintenance - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to define, implement make changes to, and support a production application.
Application Testing - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Packaged Application Integration - Working Experience
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and processes of packaged application integration; ability to integrate packaged applications across diverse systems, databases and technology platforms, to share business data and processes among connected application sources.
System Development Life Cycle - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Troubleshooting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Technical Writing/Documentation - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Software Developer within PNC's Technology Asset Management Group, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. We are seeking talented individual with a strong interest in Java or Data development. Successful candidates will have some of the following skills:
• Basic understanding of SDLC
• Able to verbally demonstrate development processes
• Possess desire to learn new technologies and grow within the organization