The Oracle Taleo Software Development organization in Hyderabad, India is seeking candidates for a Release Developer / Engineer in Hyderabad, India.
The Oracle Taleo family of products are part of Oracle’s Human Capital Management (HCM) product set. Taleo’s product offerings include talent acquisition (recruiting), social sourcing, and performance management. The Taleo software is offered exclusively as a Cloud-based offering via the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) architecture and model.
Under the general direction of a team leader, and as part of a global team, the work activities for the Release Developer / Engineer revolve around the Oracle Taleo product software release cycles, tool automation, and lab environment maintenance. The specific duties and requirements are listed below.
* Own and deploy production-like Cloud Architecture for R&D and Pre-Prod Labs
* Debug issues at Database, OS (Linux), Network and Java Runtime levels of the application instance.
* Use the data gathered in various layers to facilitate R&D teams’ analysis of the issue at Application Layer.
* Coordinate the efforts of the development and production operations personnel on the timing of releases, server, database, and network changes.
* Monitor and manage lab server resources and take appropriate corrective action. Coordinate with Oracle engineering services to resolve system-level laboratory environment issues.
* Develop, maintain, and document procedures, and build automated tools, to minimize manual processes, increase communication to the Taleo development organization, and increase productivity related to Release Management responsibilities.
* Work with teams as necessary to complete analysis, discuss alternatives, and implement process improvements.
* Optionally, develop new automated tools in support of the primary mission of the Taleo Product Release Management and Pre-production Teams.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field/MCA
* Proficiency in Installation and deployment of j2ee application, connecting and configuring back-end resources.
* Proficiency in either one or more of:
* Database query monitoring and tuning, SQL
* Network architecture and debugging (e.g. end-to-end SSL verification), Load Balancing
* Debugging OS issues in Linux (e.g. memory management)
* Java heap analysis (e.g. running JProfiler and spotting issues)
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Regular Employee Hire
OracleRead Full Description