The Data Science and Engineering team works closely with our product, customer success, marketing, and sales teams; we help them ask questions the right way — and then find the answers. Our data informs us of the impact we are having on the world, and the Data team is crucial to architecting and building our data infrastructure. We design and use data analysis tools that increase our data’s scalability, accuracy, and accessibility. We proactively inform our company's goals and direction with data so that our product can help more teams do great things. With more than 1 billion tasks and 50,000+ paying organizations, we have an incredibly rich data set for understanding how teams work together using Asana and how we can make them even more effective.
We are looking for a data scientist to work with our internal business teams, with your biggest focus being partnership with high-volume Sales teams. You will design models and experiments to measure the success of efforts at the top of the funnel, choosing the best methods to evaluate a particular change quickly and accurately. You will work with the Sales team to communicate key findings to company leadership and be a voice for data in developing team strategy. You also will have the opportunity to serve as a technical leader and mentor for other business data scientists.
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new premium offerings, sales programs, and customer acquisition flows
- Investigating high-level questions like “What drives the purchasing behavior of the highest-value Asana customers?”
- Adding new metrics and aggregations to our data warehouse to make new classes of questions answerable
- Building models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments, and the acquisition tactics to accelerate them
- 3+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive business decisions
- Strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field
- Substantial expertise in experimental design and analysis, particularly with messy real-world data
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for statistics and/or data processing (e.g. Python, R, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL
- Experience working with sales, marketing, or user acquisition data for a SaaS company
- Familiarity with distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Redshift)
- Background in advanced statistical modeling (e.g. GLM, mixed effects) and/or machine learning
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.