About the role
We're looking for someone to lead YC's job site "Work at a Startup", and generally help YC companies hire great people. This is an unusual, interdisciplinary role - part product manager, part evangelist, part recruiter, part educator, part marketer. The ideal person would be someone who has experience in both recruiting and in product management / software engineering.
We launched Work at a Startup in December 2017 and it's been working very well. Over 5,000 engineers have signed up, and we've made many thousands of introductions between companies and potential hires. In July, we ran the Work at a Startup Expo event (http://workatastartup.com/expo) which brought more than 500 experienced engineers to YC's campus.
There are over 700 YC companies currently hiring people, with more than 6,000 open jobs. It's hard for new startups to hire people, but with YC's resources, we can help them a lot. We're hiring this role because we think the right person can grow this 100x. Our goal is to be the primary way all YC companies hire their first 100 employees, which would make Work at a Startup one of the largest talent sites on the web. If that sounds exciting, we'd like to talk.
Mission: Overall accountability for Work at a Startup platform and leading YC's efforts to help early stage companies hire their first set of employees.
- Own the product vision, product roadmap, and responsibility for hitting metrics goals
- Continually engage with Work at a Startup users and use those learnings to prioritize product improvements
- Track the Work at a Startup metrics closely using Mixpanel, Chartio and related tools and use them to guide product decisions- Help moderate the activity on the site
- Be the public-facing evangelist for Work at a Startup and working at a YC companies
- Drive founder adoption, the goal is to get 100% of YC companies to use Work at a Startup
- Find creative ways to get great engineers and other talented people to want to work at a startup and join the site
- Create workshops and educational resources to teach YC companies best practices for hiring
- Focus on bringing diverse users to the site and helping founders recruit diverse teams
- Lead and create recruiting events like the Work at a Startup Expo (http://workatastartup.com/expo)
- Produce content, podcasts, blogs, guides that promote the platform, talent trends, best practices, etc.
About Y Combinator
Y Combinator provides seed funding for startups. Since 2005, we’ve invested in over 1900 startups and together they are worth more than $100B. Airbnb, Dropbox, Stripe, Twitch, Coinbase, Instacart, Doordash and Reddit all got their start at Y Combinator.
Location: The YC team is based in downtown San Francisco.
We’re proud to offer a set of benefits that few companies of our size can, and they’re selected to help you be productive and feel taken care of as much as possible. In addition to top quality healthcare benefits, offerings include: 401k matching, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, catered lunch, and a flexible vacation policy. We also offer competitive compensation, including equity in YC's portfolio.