Job Reference #
Do you have experience with all legal and regulatory matters related to investment management, investment advice and execution-only offerings in investment products? Are you interested in advising our IPS investment solutions business? We're looking for someone like that to:
– advise our business on all legal matters regarding discretionary, advisory and execution-only investment products and offerings, including drafting related client contracts and similar legal documents, suitability, investor protection and execution topics.
– monitor legal and regulatory developments of relevance for the investment management, advisory and execution business in Switzerland (like FIDLEG, FINIG, CISA, MiFID II, PRIIPS and AIFMD)
– collaborate with colleagues within Legal and our businesses across the regions in an advisory capacity
– act as point of entry for legal and regulatory matters, supporting business areas in implementing the regulatory framework in all stages of product lifecycle including new products and services approvals
Investment Platforms & Solutions (IPS) Legal Counsel
Country / State
Switzerland - Zürich
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Investment Platforms & Solutions (IPS) Investment Solutions legal team. We are responsible for advising our Global Wealth Management IPS colleagues and client advisors on legal and regulatory matters related to the products and services offered to our customers, particularly managing sophisticated portfolios for private clients on a discretionary basis, as well as developing advisory mandates and execution-only solutions. We also work closely with our colleagues around the globe to make sure the advice we give to our businesses is consistent and fits internal policies.
– a Swiss or European degree in law (additional relevant education like LL.M. and admittance to the bar is an asset)
– 2-5 years of practical experience in international banking or in an international law firm
– an interest in complex legal and regulatory issues
– a great communicator with strong interpersonal skills, able to cooperate with internal colleagues and manage external legal counsels
– comfortable in working in a dynamic and varied legal environment
– fluent in German and English (French, Italian or other languages an asset)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?