Sep 19, 2018
Non-Japan Asia-India-Maharashtra-Mumbai (MSA)
Risk Management Full Time Analyst
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects, or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the Credit Risk function responsible for MSSB Core Margin and Express Credit Line (ECL) lending businesses. Morgan Stanley is a global leader in wealth management with an extensive network of 1,000 offices across the U.S. and in key international locations. We provide a range of products and services to individuals, businesses and institutions, including brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, retirement and trust.
Responsibilities may include:
· Conduct all due diligence for MSSB Annual reviews, as well as reviews of newly underwritten loans for internal quality, and conduct quality assurance monthly reviews
· Support the compiling of Credit Loan Approval Memos or other Credit documents and evidence for audits and compliance tests
· Identify risks on existing loans through the review processes, including incomplete documentation, deteriorating collateral or adverse borrower information.
· Escalate material individual relationship or portfolio observations promptly including past due reviews and negative trends.
· Prepare high quality credit memos with recommendations to credit approvers. Articulate recommendation in a clear, concise and informed manner. Demonstrate acceptable knowledge and preparation of material.
· Exercise credit authority and reviews in an appropriate manner in accordance with credit policies and procedures to protect the interests of the firm.
· Ensure accurate and timely update and complete within designated due dates
· Submit completed annual reviews for authority approval through the Credit Approval System
· Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical skills
· Knowledge of business financial statement, personal financial statements, and global tax documents
· Well organized and able to work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple deliverables
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
· Possess strong problem identification and solution techniques
· Good collaboration skills in a team-oriented environment
· Bachelor’s Degree and previous experience in Finance, Private Banking and Credit preferred