Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Software Engineer I to join our Website Platform team in Burlington, VT.
Who We Are + What We Do:
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our architects are energetic influencers that build world-class solutions that benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and collaborative problem-solving skills while still nurturing your individualism.
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
The Software Engineer II writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer II plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends. This position is open on the Website Platform Release Train, which includes Seamless Websites, My Cars™, Digital Retailing, Promotions, Personalization, Stability/Performance and AWS implementation. The Website Platform team focuses on the technology platform that supports over 15,000 individual websites. Our Website Platform team is highly dynamic and creates new solutions to change the way people buy, sell, and own cars.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems
- Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders
- Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary
- Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products
- Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 0-2+ years of working experience
What We Look For:
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience in analysis, design and programming
- Working experience with appropriate database technology
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.Organization:
Primary Location: US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing