WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
You are a passionate, versatile, full-stack engineer who loves a good problem to solve. Maybe you have some startup experience; maybe you’ve built some of your own stuff on the side; you definitely enjoy building software products that will be used by (quite literally) millions of people. You will hit the ground running and can’t wait to start shipping code.
You’ll be joining the Gift Registry team at The Knot. This is an existing product that is getting a major upgrade. We are ambitious, scrappy, and operate with a startup mentality.
- Work directly with engineers, designers, product managers and other product teams to meet shared goals.
- Create scalable, highly available software architectures.
- Actively participate in the ideation and execution of product roadmap and Agile planning.
- Provide mentorship and advice to junior members of the team.
- Promote best practices around software design, testing and architecture.
- Be positive, optimistic, and engaging in a fast paced (occasionally high stress) environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-10 years of experience working in a full-stack role, preferably at a product company.
- 5+ years working with Node.js.
- 2+ years working with React.js.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Proponent of TDD or other testing methodologies.
- Enjoy working closely with other team members.
- Knowledge of AWS/Cloud architecture components.
- Understand (and are motivated by) explicit KPIs and goals.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
You’ll hear a lot about culture and perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation and generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks and Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.