Standing at the critical junction between your network and your applications, A10 is a leader in secure application services. Our solutions protect and optimize application performance in a world of many clouds.
Are you up for the challenge?
Join us and make your impact on the future as our next:
Professional Services Engineer
As a Professional Services Engineer, you will work with the existing team to ensure adequate coverage of 24x7x365 operations in A10's Global Technical Assistance Center. You will directly interact with customers and other functional groups within A10 to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction and help build a world class Support organization to support A10's overall success.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and document customer reported network issues via phone and/or e-mail.
- Provide configuration recommendation and assistance in customer service deployment.
- Recreate reported issues in lab with customer’s configuration and topology.
- Work with sustaining engineering teams to investigate and resolve software and hardware defects.
- Perform patch qualification related tasks.
- Analyze data traces using protocol analyzers to identify anomalies and find solutions.
- Ensure customer’s reported issues are resolved to the client's satisfaction in a timely manner.
- 4+ years of working experience in the data networking industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- BS/MS in a computer related field or equivalent work experience.
- Any of the advanced networking certifications is preferred (CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, or JNCIP).
- Extensive knowledge and experience troubleshooting Layer-2/3 protocols for example, VLANs, VRRP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, IPv4/6, ARP, RIP, NAT, and Layer-4 protocols (TCP, UDP)
- Thorough understanding of application protocols, HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, RTSP, SIP, Diameter, and DNS.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Experience providing support to direct customers, resellers, and field personnel in resolving product related issues.
- Contribute to technical documentation/knowledgebase for internal and/or external use.
- Experience with firewalls, network security, and/or Application Delivery Switches (Server Load Balancers) is preferred
A10 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA federal subcontractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A10 also complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.