Roles responsible for developing Service design concepts based on user needs, and define allocation to subsystems based on refinement of the design concept with SME in subsystems. Individuals in these roles perform detailed trade studies to define the specifications for features or components. They perform CTQ and requirements flow down, document their designs, and perform challenging verification of their designs. In addition, they capture service requirements and ensure that systems, subsystems, or component designs meet those requirements, from install, troubleshooting, repair, to preventive and proactive maintenance. They understand the service vision and process and can ensure service goals for a product or business are met. Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations. Works together with business leadership. Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done. Delivers products as part of a team. Works on cross functional teams. Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
This System engineer will work closely with service organization to enhance services technology integrating to the design, customer data, or capturing product reliability and other performance parameters. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies
B1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electronics) with 4 years of experience in engineering, product development is preferred, in the healthcare field or Master’s Degree in Engineering with 2 years of experience in engineering product development is preferred, in the healthcare field.
2. Exposure and familiarity with System Design for serviceability.
3. Demonstrated technical domain knowledge by being current on engineering design principles, architectures and advancements in engineering concepts and technologies.
4. Ability to work with technical leadership team to implement product platform/subsystem multi generation technology plan for a specific release of a global product.
5. Ability to analyze complex issues and decompose these into a manageable set of tasks, then pursue tasks to completion.
6. Effective communication skills and boundaryless behavior—ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
7. Demonstrated technical depth with problem-solving techniques.
8. Demonstrated organizational, functional, and leadership expertise to lead teams on a project, sub-system or platform initiative.
9. Experience with product design and troubleshooting issues.
10. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
11. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented and able to multi-task
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.