We’re the technology partner to some of the world’s most iconic financial services brands. Our software solutions help with life’s big decisions and enable our clients to help people all over the world build their wealth, protect their family, buy their home, invest in the stock market, and improve their financial wellbeing. We call that real career satisfaction.
Role Responsibilities and Expectations:
- A good knowledge of your development domain (C++) - languages, frameworks, utilities, development environments
- The ability to recommend the correct technologies to use for a project.
- Make use of appropriate design patterns and frameworks
- Apply best practices and coding standards
- Design scalable solutions
- Facilitate solution design and assist with technical matters on any projects within the team
- Focused on delivery
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Conduct peer review and provide feedback
- Interchangeably work on Linux and Windows environments
- Maintenance of existing services/applications; track and resolve issues
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with Development, Product, Implementation, and Operations teams
- Must be able to work within a global organization that spans multiple time zones.
Qualification and Experience
- Tertiary degree (BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related technology degree) strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software development industry with a background in server-side development.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in supporting and developing multitier software using C++.
- Minimum 6 years of experience using databases (e.g. MSSQL, postgreSQL)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in supporting and developing software for a Linux environment.
- Experience in supporting and developing software in Microsoft Windows environment will be highly advantageous.
- Experience in supporting and developing software using C# will be advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience of messaging systems is essential (real-time and batch).
- Understanding of application architecture and design
- Understanding of data structures, design patterns and object-oriented design
- Understanding of Systems Thinking – the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with remote co-workers
- Sockets (UDP & TCP/IP)
- Web Services (C# .Net)
- Knowledge or previous experience writing financial software (research/trading/wealth management products)
- Understanding of data warehousing (data modeling, ETL, data cleansing, OLAP design, application development, production automation)
- Experience with web security concepts
- Boost, STL
- Lucene, Redis
- Exposure to source control systems like Team Foundation Server, SVN, Git, CVS
- Exposure to tools like Team City and Octopus Deploy
It’s a cliché, but we work hard and we play hard. We recognise and reward hard work with a great benefits package. On top of a good remuneration package we’ll give you a generous holiday allowance, retirement fund and insurances. We provide a flexible work environment and like to get our people together to have fun whether it's over a drink on a Friday afternoon, having a friendly kick about on the footy field or doing some team bonding for a charity event. We don’t sweat the small stuff either, our dress code is as relaxed as we are.
With offices worldwide, we offer exciting opportunities for you to learn, grow and progress. A career at IRESS really can take you anywhere.