Data Engineer / Machine Learning / Deep Learning
Teams include: Sales, Service, Marketing, Security, Analytics, Einstein, IoT, Commerce
Location: US & Canada (Relocation candidates)
Salesforce is looking for both Senior, Lead and Principal Data / DL / ML Engineers with Java, Python, Scala and/or Spark experience, to help us take on one of the world’s most extensive data sets and transform it into amazing products that feel like magic. You will work on cutting-edge AI applications and products. Brainstorming data product ideas with data scientists and engineers to build data products used by hundreds of millions people every day.
A typical day for you might include the following:
- Developing data infrastructure that ingest and transforms data from different sources and customers at scale.
- Creating machine/deep learning infrastructure that generalizes across hundreds of thousands of Salesforce customers, but is expressive enough to generate high lift.
- Partner end-to-end with Product Managers and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production
- Working with internal product teams to ingest their data and sprinkle machine/deep learning fairy dust on their products.
- Participating in meal conversations with your team members about really important topics, such as: Should the cuteness of panda bears be a factor in their survivability? Is love a decision tree or a regression model? How far ahead would society be today if we had 12 fingers instead of 10?
What we care about:
- We develop real products. You need to be an expert in coding, including Java and Object-Oriented Programming. We also use Scala and Functional Programming principles.
- We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience.
- We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems. Consistency / availability tradeoffs are made here. You’ve tinkered with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.) and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components such as HBase, DynamoDB, or similar.
- We’re a growing, diverse team and we work together on projects. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology.
- You have to be a very quick learner - we face new challenges every day, anything that ranges between the operating model of a financial services companies, conversation model for chatbots, tinkering with convolutional and recurrent networks, to how to make Spark work with the S3 file system. No school could prepare you for all of these, so you need to be very quick on your feet.
- Self-starter who can see the big picture, and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business’ and customer’s vision and requirements
- Excellent communication, leadership, and collaboration skills
Preferred Skills: (different teams will care about some of the following over others)
- We run on AWS. We dockerize applications. You should have some notion of how to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with open source tools for information retrieval (e.g. Solr)
- Search, Data Scoring/ Ranking expertise
- Data visualization
- Experience with Deep Learning for NLP
- Experience developing in open-source machine-learning libraries such as Apache Mahout or MLLib
- Strong understanding of security, including threat propagation and malware analysis
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” ten years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.