Director, Site Experience
The Director of Site Experience will be responsible for the customer's functional experience on the proflowers.com website, including management of site functionality, a full site redesign, customer insights and site analytics, and site merchandising partnering closely with IT and Marketing. This individual will be responsible for optimizing the user shopping experience for FTD Companies needed to differentiate and elevate the brand while appealing to a multi-generational consumer base. They will work to identify, define, and build solutions to enhance the customer experience by utilizing a data-driven approach across all related devices.
The ideal candidate has experience using data to derive insights into consumer shopping behavior and the ability to use that insight to create strategies to improve the user experience, resulting in higher engagement, conversion, and stickiness. This individual is open-minded, flexible, concise and has a persuasive communication style that encourages action and can confidently present to executive stakeholders. Additionally, this individual can think strategically in helping to build out a 3-year roadmap needed to support business growth and can help build out and train a leading site experience team.
- Responsible for site merchandising including the development of a weekly refresh calendar identifying key site campaigns to run with input from product development and partnering with marketing on content and asset development. Additionally, responsible for weekly site refreshes, digital content planning, and digital site metrics used to measure campaign success.
- Responsible for owning our full site redesign from a functional and business perspective including identifying benchmarks, prioritizing functionality, and supporting build, testing, and execution partnering with IT throughout the process.
- Responsible for managing the site enhancement and functionality list on behalf of the business team partnering with the IT function including weekly review and prioritization, identification of significant win opportunities, and support of build and execution including frequent site functionality audits to identify optimization opportunities to enhance the customer shopping experience.
- Responsible for designing and executing onsite A/B testing and internal search programs
- Accountable for site success metrics including all digital site metrics, customer journey mapping, customer lifetime value and customer insights leveraging existing tools and launching new tools partnering with customer insights and analytics COE team members. Will be responsible for noting trends in customer buying behaviors and reflecting into site functionality.
- This individual will continuously be looking at trends in site experience and site merchandising across the industry and online space benchmarking competitive campaigns, newly released functionality, and working internally to identify critical opportunities and gaps.
- Flexible, organized, and data-driven, this individual will be responsible for constant communication with the broader Proflowers team looking for inputs on-site enhancements helping to prioritize and communicate this list. This individual will also be continually interfacing and partnering with IT and marketing.
- At least 5+ years of experience building out complex E-commerce functionality & enhancement projects as well as managing ongoing E-commerce Sprint Cycles and development work from a business perspective partnering with IT teams.
- Familiarity with basic E-commerce functionality including but not limited to onsite personalization, ratings and reviews, gift finders and guided selling, analytics tool such as Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Recently led a full site redesign including functionality across homepage, detail page, listing page, and checkout
- Willingness to travel between the Chicago and San Diego offices
- Self-starter with superior time management, project management, and organizational skills
- Exceptional data-analysis skills and ability to communicate findings effectively in a non-technical manner
- Self-motivated, resourceful and creative mindset
- Experience in a gifting business a plus
- MBA a plus
FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier floral and gifting company. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. Our diversified portfolio of brands includes the following trademarks: Interflora, ProFlowers®, Shari's Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely and Gifts.com. FTD's mission is to inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life's most important sentiments. We strive to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.