Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
Shangri-La is situated in the heart of the historic Rocks district. With 565 guest rooms and suites, a luxurious Chi Spa, 8 food and beverage outlets and 17 conference and meeting rooms, this Deluxe 5 star hotel is tailored towards both the corporate and leisure guest.
To clean all assigned areas according to standards and procedures; ensure all service areas are kept clean and free from excess rubbish and other items and are stocked with linen and towels.
- Responsible for cleaning ashtrays in guest lift lobbies and removal of rubbish in guest corridors.
- In charge of delivering guest laundry and ensuring all items are delivered to the correct rooms.
- Assist AM / PM Runner with tasks as required; relieves while AM / PM Runner are on break.
- Ensure that all service areas are stocked with linen and towels.
- Ensure all bedspreads, blankets, cushion covers and other dirty furnishings are kept neat and tidy in the appropriate Laundry/ Valet area.
- Supply guests with extra beds and baby cots as required and report bed numbers to the Office Co-ordinator.
- Ensure bins for rubbish, paper and glass are changed and washed thoroughly as required.
- Remove all Room Attendants rubbish bags from the service areas daily and collect Turndown Attendants rubbish from Housekeeping Office at the completion of their shifts.
- Remove all items left behind in the service area e.g.: pillows, coat hangers and return to the appropriate storage area.
Experience & Skills Required:
Read Full Description
- Experience working as a houseperson
- Knowledge of 5-star Luxury Hotel environment
- Previous experience using Cleaning Chemical and using Hazardous Chemicals
- Comforable Bending, Twisting, Kneeling, Walking and Pushing/Pulling/lifting weights in excess of 5kg
- Must have full Australian working rights
- Must be available to work full time (38 hours a week)
- Excellent communication skills