Senior Managing Consultant
The South Africa Associate Partner (AP) will be responsible for leading the security practice of South Africa. Functionally reporting into the Middle East and Africa (MEA) Partner, this role will be responsible for all aspects of the practice, including client engagement, leading and/or mentoring on consulting engagements. Additionally the South Africa practice lead will be responsible for all financial metrics, such as signings, revenue, profit, and utilization. You are entrepreneurially driven to see a security practice succeed and grow.
In this role you will lead and/or build all security consulting competencies and assigned leads, such as: SOC, data security, IAM, security testing, incident response, infrastructure & endpoint security, MSS, and solution design.
The ideal candidate is also a technical security SME and guru, but with strong consulting and leadership capabilities to lead/grow a security practice. You are the security authority that can speak with confidence on specifics of malware, SIEM use case design related to NIST or other frameworks, endpoint security, data security taxonomies for structured/unstructured data, and other deep technical security aspects.
You are an experienced security consultant and know the difference between working with customers (transactional/products) vs clients (advisory to provide vision, solutions, long term).
Ideally at home you run your own various environments to test various malware, have experience and understand the dark web. You are a person who is versatile enough to be technically agnostic. You should also be able to demonstrate that you are technical adept of demonstrating various attacks, such as SQL injection, DOS, MITM, or others.
Ideally you are the visionary, but are also capable of rolling up your sleeves and leading technically.
Marketing and Sales
• Work with across the South Africa practice, MEA, and global to drive security consulting and service deals.
• Provide demonstration of credentials in SOC, data security, infrastructure security, and security consulting.
• Create compelling security solutions that utilize the IBM Security Service capability to provide compelling propositions to clients. Know how to win using your deep security SME sills.
• Create SOWs based on our offerings/capability, or create something new to meet unique requirements.
• understand client requirements, or creating them to meet expectations. Communicating this in a SOW format.
Client Consulting and Sevices Engagement
• Working with MEA local teams, and globally to deliver, or guiding your teams to deliver.
• Ownership of South Africa security programs
• Help resolve project issues as they arise
• Establish strong client relationships in key accounts to help progress the Security Services portfolio
• Provide practice leadership to your team by facilitating a community of like-minded practitioners to share and exchange ideas for practice growth and improvement
• Contribute content and advice to the offering development process
• Help shape the emerging model of the MEA and South Africa Security practice
• Help establish capability and skills models for the core domain
• Become a role model for global practitioners in the core domain
At least 10 years’ experience in management consulting and systems integration in a top tier professional services firm
At least 8 years’ experience working in projects related to the core domain:
- Security Intelligence and Operations (SIOC) (expert)
- data security (structure & unstructured)
- infrastructure and endpoint security
- security technical testing
- security solution design
- technical security assessments (via formal methods and tools).
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0123) IBM South Africa (pty) Ltd
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Technical Solutions Support Specialist
New Collar Role