Job Summary: The Provisioning team manages encoders, segmenters and other resources that stream hundreds of live events every day. We are constantly handling new challenges, striving for 100% uptime and scaling to meet the expectations of millions of viewers.
Our team is looking to add a mid-level front end software engineer to our team who possesses a wide range of technical knowledge. The candidate will be working on the UI of our applications that support several internal and external partners.
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process.
- Work closely with back end engineers and other team members to identify and complete development assignments.
- Participate in the design process of new features and enhancements to the software platform.
- Diagnose issues, evaluate and recommend the best resolution, and execute against that plan.
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products.
- Read; experiment; learn; teach.
- Strong technical, problem-solving, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Modern webapp development technologies and libraries (JQuery, Bootstrap, SASS, Webpack, HTML, CSS, etc...)
- Experience with Bower and Grunt.
- Working knowledge on Responsive Web Design
- Experience with cross browser development.
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools e.g. Maven, Jenkins 2, GIT
- Willingness to “think-outside-of-the-box” to resolve project challenges and improve development processes/systems
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Ability to function in a virtual team setting and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively
- Experience with security and performance of web application
- Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring, JSON Messaging, REST API’s and Relational databases is a plus.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and knowledge of cloud based services is a plus.
- Docker, ECS, Kafka
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or minimum of four (4) years of front end software development experience
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.