The R&D UX team is looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our team in Bellevue. In this role, you will work closely with designers, product management, and engineering teams to validate new concepts and improve existing products and services for the purpose of enhancing the user Unity experience and delivering differentiated customer value.
The Senior User Researcher has to be an excellent communicator as well as a flexible team player that thrives in a fast-paced, distributed and dynamic work environment. The candidate must also be comfortable working closely with passionate engineering and product teams that are deeply concerned about the creation of a state of the art user experience for Unity’s products and services.
- Define the user research strategy and objectives together with the Director of UX and formulate a research plan based on the company’s strategic goals and business needs.
- Conduct user studies through usability testing, field research, surveys, diary studies, and other methods that are deemed impactful relative to improving the Unity user experience.
- Analyze and triangulate qualitative and quantitative data in order to generate strategic and tactical insights along with actionable recommendations that drive user experience improvements and innovation.
- Drive the analysis and interpretation of cognitive, behavioral, and physiological user data.
- Define KPIs and success criteria for user experience improvements.
- Establish lean user research as a core practice at Unity for validating product ideas early and often.
- Collaborate and participate in design discussions and explorations.
- Evangelize user research best practices and insights discovered via research efforts on a continuous basis.
- Apply user research data and insights to the definition of personas, user scenarios, and customer journeys.
- Ability to travel regularly to our offices in San Francisco, Montreal, and Copenhagen as well as relevant conferences throughout the year, site visits, etc.
- Master’s degree in Cognitive Science, Statistics, Human-Psychology, Computer Science, Computer Interaction, or any other related field. A working experience of the equivalent is also acceptable for the position.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods as well as in conducting usability studies, interviewing, ethnographic observation, and presentation of research results.
- The candidate must possess exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) that enable them to relay complex information in a simple, clear, and concise manner to effectively collaborate with other teams and stakeholders.
- People skills. The position will interact with the UX team, PM teams, engineering teams, stakeholders and most importantly users. Excellent people skills are necessary for the position in order to ensure proper execution of the role’s duties with minimal conflict and complications between collaborative and cross-functional personnel.
- Proven track record of successful product research and impact in technical and agile product development environments.
- Solid technical understanding of programming concepts, e.g. development methodologies, object-oriented programming, etc.
- Ability to quickly acquire new knowledge in complex and ambiguous spaces.
- Deep knowledge of game engines and the game development domain.
- Knowledge and experience with Unity.
- Passion for games.
- Passion for the Developer audience.
Who We Are // About Unity
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.