Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Under limited supervision, researches, conducts experiments, gathers data, develops preliminary findings and prepares written reports for the development of new products beginning at conception through successful commercialization. Drives project timelines, creates technical proposals established protocols and work plans and drafts for review technical proposals and reports.
- Develop new products beginning at the concept phase through successful commercialization
- Design and conduct plant trials and new product start-ups
- Plan, prioritize and complete tasks effectively and efficiently
- Creates product development schedules that are required to meet project timelines
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Work with pilot plant equipment under supervision
- Learn and utilize on-line specification system
- Design and execute experiments and prepare results for review
- Conceptualize and develop new products prototypes.
- Manages individual tasks and works under limited supervision.
- Drives product cutting, plant trials, and testing
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area, including the cleaning of equipment, utensils and work surfaces.
- BS in Food Science or related field required. MS preferred
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience in Product Development in a Food Company required, Food Service experience a plus
- Exhibit leadership and proactive attitudes in approaching technical solutions to business and market issues
- Ability to independently manage project work
- Pro-active self-starter, willing to accept responsibility for business tasks
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate ability to communicate well and to effectively influence and interact with others to accomplish research goals
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Problem solving skills
- Requires knowledge in food product design, formulation, ingredient functionality and interaction, process design, product scale-up, plant testing and commercialization
- Good understanding of food industry standard of quality, food safety and FDA
- Passionate about cooking and finding solutions to operators in a Food Service environment
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.