The Bioinformatician is involved in the analysis of large and complex high-throughput cancer genomics data sets. Assists in developing computational methods, and integrating frameworks developed by our R&D team.
- Analyze high-throughput DNA sequence data and work with our team of scientists and statisticians to answer specific biological questions.
- Help develop tools and automated bioinformatics pipelines for diagnostic test.
- BSc in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Engineering, Biochemistry, similar field, or equivalent. MSc preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of practical experience in high-throughput genome sequencing analysis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of genomics and relevant NGS analyses (mapping, variant calling, etc.).
- Solid programming skills in at least one modern programming language, Java and/or Python strongly preferred.
- Experience with public domain data sources, e.g. COSMIC and TCGA/ICGC strongly preferred.
- Experience using Linux command-line tools and relational databases (SQL).
- Experience with a scientific programming environment, such as R, is preferred.
- Experience computational cancer genomics is a plus.
- Ability and desire to communicate in cross functional teams with members from varying background.
- Team player, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Travel required for this position:
No ☐ or Yes ☒ : If yes state anticipated percent for travel: Rarely (less than 10%)