Get a jump on your future career by taking advantage of some great hands-on engineering experience. Sensata is looking for some intelligent, proactive independent thinkers for summer internships.
Sensata Technologies is the world's leading supplier of sensors and controls across a broad range of markets and applications. We are leaders in the global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial and HVAC markets with sensing and protection solutions that improve safety and efficiency for millions of people every day.
Our engineers are involved in all phases of product development from initial identification of customer needs to high volume production implementation. Emphasis is on the use of state-of-the-art concepts, materials, and assembly technologies. This is a hands-on position for an individual who wants to see her/his ideas embodied in successful products. As an intern you responsibilities could include:
- Full ownership of product design and product development.
- Performing design verification on original and/or derivative ideas using analytical and experimental methods.
- Maintaining product documentation (drawings and specs.)
- Preparing, testing, and debugging prototypes (assignments are hands-on).
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials, mechanics, and heat transfer is a must.
- Creativity and innovation essential to meet customer requirements and to improve performance, quality and cost.
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuits, microelectronic assembly, sensors assembly, process control fundamentals and product test processes.
- Design creativity.
- Must be able to clearly present new, exciting, and beneficial design concepts to customers, managers, and peers.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members while maintaining strong sense of individual responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with superiors, peers, subordinates, suppliers, and customers. Frequent customer interaction with OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) is common.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment with complex project attributes.
- Ability to develop unique, differentiated solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to meet demands of customers on schedule and within budget.
- Strong team leadership and team membership skills.
- Strong sense of individual responsibility.
- Ability to work with other business orgs. (Quality, Marketing, Purchasing, etc.)
- Ability to influence others.
- Evidence of participation in team-based project work and ability to fill multiple roles.
- Ability to understand higher-level aspect of project.
- Ability to take responsibility for things outside your direct control.
- Ability and desire to work with global teams
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
Our Vision is to be:
- A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and electrical protection
- Satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment
- A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.