FTD Companies (Nasdaq: FTD) is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
Our Digital Team is seeking a Search Engine Optimization Manager to manage, own and grow in-house search engine optimization (SEO) for our suite of brands. The Marketing Manager for SEO is responsible for the delivery of SEO performance, optimization strategies, and analysis, strategic development and executions of SEO campaigns to the brands as well as cross-functional evangelization and collaboration to build a company-wide SEO practice. As a member of FTD Companies' in-house marketing team, the Manager will be a strategic partner to the brands and will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to successfully plan & deliver on digital strategies to increase performance, demonstrate ROI and achieve business results for our brands.
What you will contribute:
- Acts as primary point of SEO contact between the FTD brands and our agencies. Responsible for the brands for assigned budgets, flawless execution and recommended optimizations to improve campaign KPIs. Takes the lead surfacing opportunities and drilling into performance anomalies. Responsive to all brand requests related to SEO performance and strategy.
- Perform search engine optimization activities, including analysis of our site's implementation of SEO best practices. Design, implement and manage SEO campaigns. Conduct keyword research related to various floral and gifting category topics. Use only "white hat" techniques; no cloaking, spamming, stuffing or use of doorway pages.
- Monitor SEO and larger digital marketing industry changes and translate those into actionable recommendations for brands and colleagues regarding SEO strategy. Proactively present program recommendations and quantified benefits to advance program goals and objectives.
- Well versed in brand KPIs, specifically performance KPIs : (ROAS, CTR, CPA, conversion rate, incremental cost, etc.). Must be able to audit and analyze data, synthesize all metrics, and formulate critical analysis and insights from data to make a specific recommendation.
- In-depth understanding of Search Engine optimization practices -- both site infrastructure and content optimization and promotion. Understand the major factors that influence organic search crawling, indexing, and keyword ranking.
- Drive cross-functionally (IT, Web and Marketing teams) to improve site architecture and page content -- both on a project by project basis as well as in a larger, organizational education sense.
- Research, identify and establish link partnerships to improve SEO results.
- Monitor and analyze SEO tracking and reporting. Track metrics, including referrals, link popularity, rankings, and saturation.
- Build trust and maintain strong relationships with brand teams, partner agencies, and vendors. Able to understand and articulate fluently brands, structure, industry, and business challenges.
- Understanding of integrated digital performance marketing, i.e., such as Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Management and Display Marketing and ability to collaborate across marketing channels, platforms and functions to achieve optimal company-wide results.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, the ability to work autonomously while simultaneously collaborating effectively within a multidisciplinary team
What we offer:
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and three continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Career opportunities! Those that have a positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
- During peak season this role requires overtime, during off-peak, we offer Summer hours.
What we seek:
- 3 to 5 years prior professional SEO/SEM experience
- Proven history of success in SEO marketing
- Expert knowledge of SEO strategies and techniques
- Good understanding of HTML and web technologies
- Passion for search engine technologies and algorithms
- Experience using analytics tools such as HitBox (or other web analytics solution), Omniture as well as Google Analytics. Strong analytical and advanced Excel skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Formal SEO training or certification a plus
- Cross-team negotiation skills and superior communications skills
- Extremely well-organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! At FTD you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic e-commerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Give FTD a look! This position will be based in Chicago, Illinois. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company - come join our family!
FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier floral and gifting company. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. Our diversified portfolio of brands includes the following trademarks: Interflora, ProFlowers®, Shari's Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
FTD’s mission is to inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life’s most important sentiments. We strive to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.