Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs.
United Kingdom [UK]
Business Development Specialist (EMSL1809)
Full Time Regular
The majority of this role will be working with the relevant account teams in building the exposure and opportunities within the Advanced Services Portfolio.
Sales Specialist part of the UK & I Sales.
Understand the Services portfolio that Fortinet has to offer.
Work on Sales Plans with the sales teams to understand relevant opportunities.
Responsible for consolidating and reporting customer service needs across UK&I.
Achievement of agreed quarterly sales goals.
Assist the Major account managers across the business in qualifying service opportunities.
Report sales activity across UK&I and help accurately forecast pipeline.
Participate in seminars and customer meetings.
Increasing Brand Awareness
This will be achieved through a number of different activities. There will be a percentage of this done by evangelising and presenting at events/meetings within the region and to a wider geographical audience. Additionally, this will also involve supporting the channel partners in their events and assisting them in the presentation of Fortinet Services and strategy.
This role will not be a traditional overlay role as it will not have specific account responsibilities. The individual will be required to assist the sales teams in presenting to customers to increase credibility and confidence for Fortinet Services. These will include but not be limited Professional Services and Advanced Service Options The role will not include account management responsibilities but will include opportunity assistance on a case by case basis.
Channel and Partner Training
Sales training for Partners and Resellers will be on an as required basis. This will be Sales training to assist the partners in identifying and qualifying opportunities.
Responsibility for training Channel, Major and Internal account managers on services positioning of the Fortinet Services. This will include assisting the Internal Sales in identifying and asking about other opportunities outside of the standard Fortinet Services range, additionally understanding the customer day to day issues and relating them to Fortinet Services.
Interoperation with Services Organisation
This role will involve regular engagement with the services group. This will include but not limited to.
• Identification of existing services
• Understanding new requirements
• Assisting in specifying service levels or changes
• Advising on commercial changes within service proposals
• Work with EMEA Services group to build collateral and messaging
• Report regularly on opportunities for Advanced Services
Job Experience Required:
• A proven track record of quota achievement and demonstrated career stability
• Excellent presentation skills at all levels.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A self-motivated, independent thinker who can move deals through the selling cycle
• Minimum 8 years sales experience selling to Fortune 1000 Major Accounts.
• Minimum 3 years selling enterprise network security products and services.
• Candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Competitive, Self-starter, adaptive in an overlay organization.