Bachelor’s degree in: Accounting
English: 90%, Fluent
At least 6 or 8 years of experience in Taxes or Manager focused in Mexico.
- Strong use and knowledge of MexicanTax legislation
- Strong communication skills
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
Position key objectives:
- Tax compliance - Ensuring company meets all tax obligations in Mexico by preparing and submitting tax returns, tax computations and any other necessary forms. Work with the United States Tax Headquarters to prepare Tax Packages for Mexico. Collaborate shoulder to shoulder with Finance Shared Service Center and market controller to prepare market statutory monthly trial balance. Deal with Tax authorities on a day to day basis, respond to information requirements from them on a timely manner and manage audits. Work with market controller and auditors to present yearly Tax Opinion. Implement all reforms on Tax Laws to the company with effective results and ensuring fill compliance.
- Tax planning – Preparation and analysis of changes in Tax law and considering company’s affairs within law to minimize future Tax liabilities. Tax planning shall be based on the analysis of financial forecast upon a professional tax oversight within an accounting practice work and also the frame of the law, in order to prepare the Income Tax as well as Profit Sharing considering all aspects for Fiscal – Accounting Reconciliation Position
Offsets / VAT / Special Tax on Production and Services / Income Tax Prepayments / Withholding Taxes
- Prepare in conjunction with Costa Rica where the Shared Service Center is based, the supporting information in regards to expenses and collection in order to build VAT working papers for Mexico
- Monitoring all VAT balances and work with the market controller and the Shared Service Center to coordinate records needed in SAP so that balances can duly reflect the Favorable balance for the Company
- Review all documentation as to get it with all Tax law requirements, this will be important for the Corporation to create an archive which can help to submit all Tax burden to the Government avoiding Tax risks and no allowed deductions
- Analyze and validate accounting information needed to determine the tax prepayments
- Calculate Tax Prepayments and validate in order to present them before the Authority on timely manner
- Monthly submission of tax compliance returns in accordance with Mexican Tax Legislation (SAT) for all taxes (VAT, Special Tax on Production and Services, Income Tax, Withholding Tax of third parties)
- Coordination with Foreign Trade and supervise all imports or exports in a master file to assign the correct Tax treatment of each one
- Prepare, schedule and validate inventory destruction, this has an important deduction impact on the company and presenting before the Government all forms required to conform the annual calculation
- Calculate and prepare quarterly informative Tax returns on Special Tax on Production and Services
- Control and Offsets on Company Favorable Balances to the Government to be compliant
- Research, analyze and interpret changes in Tax legislation and anticipate the impact on the Company´s P&L.
Annual Tax Returns
- Determine and analyze fiscal depreciation calculation under Tax Law Frame
- Determine and analyze the Effective Tax Rate of the Company
- Determine and analyze Tax Cost of Goods Sold calculation under Tax Law Frame
- Determine and analyze Net Tax Profit Account under Tax Law Frame
- Determine and analyze Tax Input Equity Account under Tax Law Frame
- Determine and analyze fiscal annual inflation calculation under Tax Law Frame
- Determine and analyze profit sharing taxable base calculation under Tax Law Frame
- Determine and analyze fiscal accruals
- Perform and present to the fiscal Authority annual tax returns to ensure accuracy and alignment with local Law
- Comply with all Authority special requests in a full and timely manner.
ONE SOURCE - Tax Package
- Determine roll forward to Income Tax through the system on US GAAP
- Determine roll forward to Deferred Tax through the system on US GAAP
- Manage the Return to Provision in order for the Company to obtain the final Taxable base with the final figures on audit to tie it up against accounting
- Manage True-Ups to integrate Deferred Tax for both US and MEX GAAP without affecting the Effective Tax Rate
- Provide detail Tax analysis on items that conform all deductible and non-deductible entries with supporting Law documentation
- Record all Tax effects on accounting as well as perform reconciliations to inform items through Cadency system
- Reconciliation of all items between One Source – Tax Returns - Accounting – Mex Tax Compliance in order to control each balance on every work frame
- Report to the US Tax Corporate through the Tax Contingency Portal all important issues of the company regarding Taxes
- Getting Transfer Pricing Study assessing all principles within Arm´s Length so that the Legal Entity can choose the most adequate method to be evaluated and obtain the range according to the Income Tax Law
- Supervise intercompany transactions between each entity of the Group in order ensure markups are within the profit ranges mandated by the Authority.
- Provide elements to determine the correct Transfer Price to Belgium Principal which can convey to get Auditors all information to perform the annual Transfer Pricing report.
- Fill out annexes of Sipred to be presented before the Mexican Fiscal Authority
- Elaborate, supervise and submit Local File and all Informative Tax Returns to the Government
- Coordinate with United States Headquarters in order to get the Master File under the OECD regulation as well as complying with Mexico´s to deliver it to the Officers
- Coordinate with auditors as to work for a Tax Opinion without Tax consequences for the Corporation
- Integrate all reports required by Tax Authority
- Complete on a timely manner presentation requests from SAT and follow up.
- Ensure figures alignment to the Mexican Authority under US and Mexican GAAP.
- Determination of the complete Effective Tax Rate for US and MEX GAAP
- Determining monthly, quarterly and annual deferred taxes through a working paper to ensure effective tax rate, have a strong defense paper.
- Actively follow up of deferred taxes´ items as to roll them out to the next fiscal year and carry balances
- Prepare quarterly Tax Package required by Corporate Tax
- Provide consultancy tax advises to respond to internal group’s needs
- Test key controls
- Perform tax planning program
- Providing guidance on indirect taxation issues such as VAT, customs planning and environmental taxes
- Strong participation in the annual forecasts exercise
- Lead any initiatives driven by changes in Tax Law.