WHY WORK WITH US?
With a shared mission to discover new ways to improve and extend people’s lives, our team of 120,000 global employees and our diverse portfolio of innovative medicines, eye care devices and cost-saving pharmaceuticals, we are addressing some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. With our legacy deeply rooted in our Swiss heritage and with our eye on the future, our industry leading pipeline, together with our continued investment in R&D and our high performing, diverse and passionate employees, we aim to be a trusted leader in changing the practice of medicine.
We are Novartis, and we are reimagining medicine.
As a global healthcare leader, we have one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today brought to life by diverse, talented, performance-driven people. This makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Recently established in Mexico, the Novartis Global Service Centre delivers a broad variety of services including scientific and commercial services (known as Product Lifecycle Services), Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations, IT, HR Operations and Procurement to the Novartis divisions and organizations worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for passionate, experienced high-caliber candidates to join our international team.
The NGSC Mexico is located in the biggest city in the country. The site is located 15 minutes away from Coyoacan, one of the oldest neighborhoods in Mexico, dating back to the XVI century, which has evolved into a cultural spot that gathers Mexican traditional and gourmet cuisine, arts and crafts, and history.
You will experience a mix of diverse people who have different interests and backgrounds.
The Warehouse & Distribution Category Manager plans and leads category initiatives for the sub-category of Distribution and Warehousing. The category manager develops the sub-category strategy as part of the wider Category Strategy leads proactive sourcing projects, specification definition and demand management, as well as managing sub-category specific supplier performance and innovation activities.
- Responsible for providing category input to the Global Category team to inform the bottom up target setting process as aligned to the Procurement Calendar
- Accountable for the delivery of (sub-)category targets following engagement in the target setting process
- Accountable for reporting against the Procurement Balanced Scorecard measures at the Country Category level
- Responsible for the collection of supplier, market, category and internal business data and information for the category at a country level, or broader as agreed with the Global Category Lead and Regional Category Manager
- Responsible for providing country-level input to, and validation of the Global Category Strategy including facilitating involvement of relevant country-level stakeholders prior to strategy development
- Responsible for the communication and distribution of any Country Category specific strategies to the relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for the creation and execution of the country element of the Annual Category Plan, based on the Global Category Strategy and cluster / local business planning activities
- Accountable for managing a robust project plan to ensure the projects agreed to within the Annual Category Plan are executed on a timely basis in line with the targeted goals and that the identified savings are delivered
- Accountable for proactively escalating but also solving any known risks or issues to the Global Category Team and/or local management to ensure required support for resolution
- Inputs into the overall category segmentation and identification of key supplier relationships
- Accountable for the implementation of consistent supplier facing KPIs based on the Novartis Supplier Performance & Innovation Framework
- Responsible for the management of assigned Country Category supplier relationships as agreed in the supplier segmentation with the Global Category team
- Responsible for collecting and summarizing supplier information and feedback from Divisions, sites and Business Partners for the relevant categories and suppliers
- Accountable for managing innovation with strategic country-level suppliers
- Responsible for providing regular input and reviewing the development of the “Category Playbooks” / “Category Card”
Accountable for ensuring that all country Associates involved in operational buying activities have access to and an understanding of the relevant “Category Playbooks” / “Category Card”
Procurement Category Manager - Warehousing & Distribution
- Bachelor’s degree, CIPS or similar qualification desirable.
- Fluent Spanish and English and Desirable Portuguese / French
- 5 Years of experience on Similar roles
NOV CORPORATIVO MEX