Light is pioneering the era of the software-defined camera. Powered by sophisticated computational processes, software-defined cameras deliver intelligent, high-quality imaging at cost-effective, global scale. Light’s first product, the award-winning L16 Camera, has eliminated the quality or convenience dilemma that has plagued photographers for a century. Light’s foundational technologies, including its Lux Capacitor camera control chip and its Polar Fusion Engine for multi-image processing, are licensed for use in applications like smartphones and beyond. To learn more about Light, visit light.co.
Light’s Director of Product Management is responsible for defining, planning, and guiding all of Light’s customer-facing projects. This role reports to the Head of Product, developing and overseeing a focused team of Product Managers and working hand-in-hand with our Technologies Management group. The Director of Product Management plays a major part in helping to define how Light continues to change the world.
what you get to do...
- Own the Light product and project roadmap: establishing requirement and feature definition, clarifying measures of success, and ensuring integrated and overlapping development efforts.
- Oversee a combined portfolio of consumer products, technology partner endeavors, and development initiatives and tools.
- Work directly with our Technology Managers to establish and reinforce Light development paths that keep our technology and product roadmaps coordinated and effective for years ahead.
- Coordinate with Engineering on Product initiatives and continuously represent the needs of the product and the customer.
- Work with Operations and Program Management for aspirational and achievable scheduling, planning, and ongoing support and refinement.
- Establish clear product requirements and functionality, and work heavily with Marketing to define and support outbound messaging for consumers as well as technology partners.
- Work directly with Light customers and technology partners to stay at the forefront of imaging technology and deliver groundbreaking products in all channels.
what you bring to Light...
- 8+ years in product and project definition
- Clear and direct experience in multi-tiered project ownership and management
- Strong leadership experience in both cross-functional endeavors and team building, including mentorship and career path development.
- Direct experience in both technical and consumer product feature definition, with at least some documented work on integrated hardware-software-service products.
- A foundational technical background is expected, with experience in imaging fields a strong plus
- Love of and strong interest in photography and imaging, at any capability level, is highly encouraged
- Minimum MS/ME or equivalent experience in product-related fields
it would increase your cool factor if you...
- know how to take beautiful photos
- like to learn about new camera tech
- have a discerning eye for superb photography
oh, but there's more...
- You get to up-level your game as you work with world class technologists who have proven they know how to create extraordinary technology.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life, family leave and commuter benefits.
- We value flexibility and know that it's a 2-way street. So our teammates get to enjoy our open time off policy.
- Our passion for photography is evident in everything we do from our in-house photo talks, gallery walks and other photography-obsessed events!
- Food. Yes. We eat a lot.
- Own an L16!
This full-time role based at Light's Palo Alto headquarters is ready to be filled immediately.
To reimagine photography, visit: https://light.co/.
We appreciate your interest in Light!
Individuals seeking employment at Light are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.