PeaceHealth is seeking a Psychiatrist in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Req ID: 117646
PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking an outstanding Psychiatrist who has a strong interest in inpatient practice (although not necessarily exclusively) to join our program. If you enjoy being close to the outdoors and close to big city amenities, serving the community of Longview, Washington and beyond may just be your ticket…
While You’ll Love the Practice:
- Join a team of 4 physicians, 2 Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, 3 Licensed Clinical Social Workers, 2 Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Nurses and ancillary staff
- Treat both voluntary and involuntary patients ages 18 and over with acute psychiatric and behavioral disturbances requiring the safety of a locked unit (typical stay is 5-7 days, but with wide variations)
- Provide consultation and liaison services throughout the hospital
- Outpatient services for all ages provided on a campus within 2 minutes of the hospital
- Also provided:
- Integrated behavioral health services in primary care
- Opioid detoxification and treatment through a buprenorphine program
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Clinical services include: medication management; milieu therapy; nursing care; nutritional therapy; occupational therapy is available internally by referral; psychiatric assessment, evaluation and treatment; history and physical taken by a physician; recreational therapy assessment and treatment; and social work assessment and discharge planning.
Why you’ll love Longview:
- Our Providers are deeply integrated with the community and have a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Forbes magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River and Mount St. Helens and beautiful local parks.
- Our town is situated 45 miles north of the Portland metro area and 120 miles south of Seattle.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount St. Helens, as well the never-ending outdoor recreational options in the Pacific Northwest.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population over 57k, so you’ll skip the trip to the larger cities for your shopping and dining needs. Our area has many locally-owned specialty restaurants and shops plus national chains such as Target, Macy’s and Home Depot, and a variety of grocery shopping options.
- Longview has affordable, brand new housing well below the prices of the nearby metros.
- We are the headquarters for the Cowlitz Indian Tribe which lends its name to the county.
- Longview was founded near the Columbia River which supports the thriving lumber and marine industries that still exist there today.
- Washington State has no income tax.
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 346-bed hospital with Level III trauma center
- Recognized with a Beacon Award for critical care outcomes
- Over 250 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally to more than 180,000 patients per year
- The service area for this community is over 100k
- State-of-the-art, state-designed evaluation and treatment Behavioral Health Inpatient Center located at the hospital. This is a 22-bed unit with eight of the beds being on our higher acuity, double-locked, secure unit.
A few of the benefits of our positions:
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Medical home model with care teams and EPIC health records
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- Educational Loan Repayment program—up to $100,000
- CME reimbursement & Relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Two excellent health coverage options
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan for providers
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit allowance and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyles
- Opportunity to participate to mission trips to El Salvador
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Seth A Lidren.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Longview community, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Longview, LCR Broadway Campus (101)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Posting Notes: Longview || Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician ||Physicians || Full Time || BEHAVIORAL HLTH SVCS