Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
We're looking for experienced engineers to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
We love full stack engineers, not only capable of building a solution, but owning the problem end to end. There is a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
Location: Anywhere in the US/ North America
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- You will ship high quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- You will work closely with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- Travel to the SF headquarters as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
- Self-motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment
- A blend of product, system, and people knowledge that lets you jump into a fast paced environment and contribute from day one
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Extensive experience working with a large codebase and cross functional teams
- A strong sense of ownership
- Previous experience working remote or leading a distributed team is required
- Interest or experience in distributed systems
- Strong ability to analyze data
- Experience with AI / learning / data modeling
- iOS / Android experience
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart express membership
- Tech Blog
- Life at Instacart
- Team Stories