User Liaison - TSU
# of Openings per Req
The successful candidate will add value by:
- Working with users in various administrative departments to assess, train and assist with the implementation of administrative software solutions.
- Consulting with supervisor, systems analysts, programmers, and end users to gather information about: processes, procedures, functions and features; data requirements; internal, external checks and controls.
- Designing or writing program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, system analysts, programmers, and end users.
- Converting designs and specifications into PL/SQL, SQL, JAVA, HTML5 code.
- Possibly compiling code into programs and correcting errors detected during the compile process.
- Creating test plans and running tests to find errors and confirming that programs meet specifications.
- Writing and maintaining documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications.
- Possessing ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, develops process flows and procedure manuals. Additionally, possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer and the general public.
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Training end users or technical support staff to use and support programs.
- Assisting with the modification and maintenance of the Banner product.
- Preparing and submitting status reports as requested by manager and unit.
Auto req ID
Job Posting Location(s)
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in successfully implementing, maintaining and supporting Ellucian Banner ERP systems for Higher Education (college/university) clients; and gaining and keeping client trust.
- Experience working with a broad range of higher education administrators including vice presidents, deans, directors, faculty, and students.
- Knowledge of higher education core business processes required.
- High degree of creativity with a “can-do” attitude; display high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to set and change priorities amongst multiple competing constituencies, projects and resources.
- Strong team building and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Ellucian ETHOS model and/or API development a definite plus.
- Experience supporting Single Sign On (SSO), Web and/or Mobile apps a definite plus.
- Experience with MS Office 365, MS Teams, Skype for Business, and SharePoint for office productivity and collaboration.
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.