Sr. Sales Executive, China
IHS Markit (NASDAQ: INFO) is the leading source of information and insight in pivotal areas that shape today's business landscape: Finance, energy, economics, geopolitical risk, sustainability and supply chain management. Businesses and governments around the globe rely on our comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS Markit is headquartered in London. Trusted by clients for more than 50 years, IHS employs more than 8000 people in 31 countries. We serve 80 percent of the Global Fortune 500 as well as businesses and governments in 165 countries.
General Job Duties:
- Establish and maintain executive level relationships in major functional areas of the customer organization. Utilize the relationships to develop strong revenue growth initiatives for all Auto products as well as retain our existing business within the account. However the main focus of this position will be to generate new business through the Supplier and OEM business.
- Follow and execute a structured solution sales process for revenue growth and prospecting. Able to uncover new revenue opportunities within an account based on the understanding of the works flows and strategies being deployed within the accounts.
- Develop knowledge and thorough understanding of all Insight products and services, and apply knowledge to provide appropriate recommendations/solutions that meets their business requirements.
- Achieve net new revenue growth targets and maximize retention capabilities within accounts.
- Introduce new Insight products and services with the accounts. Generate and deliver compelling sales proposals to customers.
- Observation and understanding of customer workflows and processes, tailor solutions to enhance overall Insight value to customer organization.
Specific Job Duties:
- New business generation will be a must in this role. The ability to generate and identify potential customers as well as understand the customers workflow to identify a client's needs will be essential
- Manage renewal sales process for existing customer base, including setting of expectations, changing needs assessments, negotiating contracts and processing of contracts via relevant internal systems
- Prepare and execute strategic account plan. Review with Line manager on a daily/monthly basis.
- Follow up on all inbound client inquiries to uncover new and expanding opportunities within client base
- Maintain consistent and ongoing contact with end-users and decision makers
- Prospect, present to, and close on new sales opportunities within client base
- Accurately forecast expected sales and cancellations to Line Manager on a daily/monthly basis
- Provide ongoing product feedback from clients to Line Manager and Product Managers
- Maintain awareness of, and participate in all relevant training for, new products and capabilities, and market them to account base/prospects
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or auto industry-related fields required. Any equivalent combination of experience and education could be considered.
- 6-8 years sales experience in automotive related business is required.
- Working under high pressure and demanding environment.
- Working with sales quota.
- Excellent communication skills with customer and internal organization verbally and written is essential.
- Understand key sales process and account management.
- Connect customer values and products/services
- Self-driven and motivated for learning new things
- Native Mandarin and fluent English
- Sales Director, Greater China, Automotive
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.