This position can be based out of anyone of the Guardian Offices in NJ, PA, CT, MA or WI.
Major Opportunities and Decisions:
- Provides technical and security consultation to IT and Business Technology Solutions (BTS).
- Identifies opportunities for business application alignment with security best practices.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement
- Execute daily security systems management functions
- Provide technical monitoring, incident response and remediation
- Assist with Security Governance projects
- Provide consultative services to IT/BTS teams
- Identify opportunity for security services level improvement.
- Performs performance monitoring and capacity planning.
- Must have 5+ years experience with network and security protocols
- Must have 3+ years experience with installation and configuration of Checkpoint firewalls/vpn
- Must have 2+ years experience with installation and configuration of Cisco firewalls/vpn
- 2+ years experience with installation and configuration of IDS/IPS a plus
- 2+ years experience in administering and supporting Bluecoat proxies a plus.
- 1+ years experience in Cisco SSL VPN a plus
- 1+ years experience in wireless technologies including rogue detection a plus
- Solid design and implementation experience on Checkpoint and Cisco Firewalls
- Ability to perform security system configuration and administration, system updates, policy compliance, and security assessments.
- IT forensic investigations and incident handling.
- Advanced knowledge of HTTP(S), network protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, DNS along with packet analysis
- Knowledge of Bluecoat , Proxies, Cisco SSL VPN, Clean Access and ACS
- Solid troubleshooting skills, good communications skills both written and oral, ability to multitask in a fast, dynamic environment built on multi-vendor security controls.
- Good team player, willing to work weekends occasionally and willing to be on call as needed.
- Ability to work independently and with limited guidance, ability to identify problems and resolve collaboratively with other functional teams and vendor partners
- Advanced understanding of common IT security controls and protocols.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Computer Science.
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), currently ranked #218 on the Fortune 500, is one of the largest mutual life insurers. As of December 31, 2016, Guardian reports $1.5 billion in operating income, $7.4 billion in capital, and $66.5 billion in assets under management. Guardian consistently scores high marks for financial strength from all four major credit rating agencies and enjoys a strong competitive position in its major businesses: life insurance, disability income insurance, annuities, investments, dental and vision insurance and employee benefits. As a mutual company founded over 150 years ago, Guardian is owned by its policyholders. The company has paid dividends to policyholders every year since 1868 and the Company’s 8,800 employees and 2,750 financial representatives are aligned with its mission to help individuals, families, and small businesses achieve financial security and protection. Guardian states its aspiration in the following way: “To be the trusted mutual partner, delivering financial security how, when, and where our clients prefer.”
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
United States-Connecticut-Stamford, United States-New Jersey, United States-Massachusetts-Pittsfield
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Jul 12, 2018, 5:51:01 PM