Honor is modernizing home care so our parents—and yours—will be able to live in their own homes safely and comfortably as they age. Launched in 2015, we’re now the largest home care company in the Bay Area and one of the fastest growing in the country. Why? Because our tech and our people are amazing. We’ve developed sophisticated technology and operational expertise that are changing our industry, providing better care for families and better jobs for caregivers. Our mission is huge—and so is the rapidly growing market we aim to serve. Honor is a well-funded, strongly backed company with multi-time founders and experienced leadership who have the vision to anticipate real customer needs and the ability to develop solutions to meet those needs. Join us!
As our Controller, you will be a key leader for the financial operations of our rapidly growing company. You must be a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of manager and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment. We are looking for an experienced, versatile, and hands-on finance leader to manage the day-to-day activities of our accounting team. You will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and development of a high performing accounting team.
What You'll Do:
- Lead all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, G/L, payroll, revenue recognition, taxes, and treasury services
- Develop, manage, mentor, and build a top tier team that proactively drives continuous improvement and works with a collaborative mentality
- Manage and streamline month-end accounting process, ensuring conformance with standard GAAP accounting
- Publish timely and accurate monthly financial statements
- Serve treasury function, tracking monthly bank reconciliation and ensuring proper controls for cash on hand
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and consultants and own the successful completion of the year-end auditPartner with the legal team on company governance activities, including corporate insurance, subsidiary management, and equity administration
- Develop accounting systems and infrastructure to scale with business growth
Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance and a min of 3+ years of experience independently managing accounting processes
- CPA license (active status) required
- Experience in labor services preferredExperience in startups preferred
- Strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Superior analytical skills, combined with solid business judgment and communication skills
- Flexible and creative, with ability to learn new and complex concepts quicklyStrategic perspective – ability to integrate finance, human resources and legal perspectives into accounting and other decision-making in the company
- Exceptional work ethic and the willingness and ability to “roll up sleeves”
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.