The Group Learning Services (GLS) Instructional Technologist is accountable for the planning, design, development, implementation and continuous maintenance of the more complex online training programs and curricula to support the Commercial and Government Markets (CGM) training needs. Develop online presentations utilizing audio and video production and develop online solutions for select communication needs. Partner closely with the GLS management team to conduct online training needs analyses, develop online training solutions and assess the effectiveness of the solutions. Ensure compliance with regulations, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide support for our clients while covering multiple aspects of Guardian’s products and services. Serve as liaison between GLS and IT to ensure that our online training solutions are aligned with our technology infrastructure. Responsible for effectively communicating training concepts and results to Business Partners and Project Team. Acts as a consultant to the GLS Learning Specialists for online training and best practices in training design and development.
- Provides project leadership using project management methodologies to assure proper planning, documentation and execution.
- Design highly targeted online training deliverables to meet critical, measurable performance objectives
- Accountable for the design, development and continuous maintenance of online training across Commercial and Government Markets
- Develops SCORM compliant e-learning courses and online presentations/training programs by utilizing established training expertise and combining the advantages and capabilities of various authoring tools, web development techniques, video/audio production, and the Learning Management System.
- Proficiently designs and develops for various online delivery methods, including self-directed learning, simulations, web-based training, senior management presentations, and assessments, applying adult learning principles/theory.
- Responsible for understanding the training needs of all client areas as it relates to online training, maintaining an appropriate level of business literacy to be able to substantively contribute to the success of the business need
- Defines learning activities and determines appropriate delivery mechanism/media to meet desired performance objectives.
- Applies training best practices based on adult learning theory to best meet learning needs.
- Consistently identifies new training approaches, practices and processes to improve efficiency of training development.
- Serve as the GLS gatekeeper for all training content published to Guardian’s web server adhering to all technical requirements.
- Accountable for collaborating with IT to ensure online training meets the requirements of network and end-user computing environments
- Acts as a consultant for GLS Learning Specialists and provides direction in their use of rapid e-learning authoring tools and advanced techniques producing more interactive and engaging training programs.
- Researches adult learning and instructional design theories and disseminates information throughout GLS.
- This position reports to the Manager, Learning Operations who, in turn, reports to the Second Vice President, Group Learning Services
- Strong working knowledge of various training technology software tools,
including FLASH, Captivate, Dreamweaver, Articulate, Adobe to develop SCORM
- Strong knowledge of learning and development methodologies; formal
design and development approaches, adult learning best practices, industry
training technologies used to deploy, maintain and monitor learning
- Best practices in designing, developing, and delivering to a sales,
production or support area organization
- Training Evaluation and Measurement
- Understanding of corporate IT web server and network requirements
- General knowledge of employee benefits market
- In-depth knowledge of online training techniques and practices to drive
enhanced skills to improve performance
- Strong familiarity with video and audio production (i.e., Premiere and
Audition) and learning management systems
- Progressive knowledge of the trends in computer technology as it
relates to software, as well as, training industry topics, information,
techniques and equipment, and making recommendations for upgrading training
software, programs, materials and methods accordingly
- Deploying a variety of solutions to geographically dispersed customers
- Practical knowledge/work experience in e-learning and blended learning
solutions is required.
- Experience editing and publishing audio and video for integration into
- Skilled in advanced technical communications, both oral and
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to organize, prioritize,
handle time constraints and manage shifting priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in training design, organizational development or
other related field. Master’s degree in instructional technology, instructional
design, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience (or equivalent combination of education
and work experience) designing and developing training materials (including
online courses) for product, service and functional training programs in a
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), currently ranked #239 on the Fortune 500, is one of the largest mutual life insurers. As of December 31, 2017, Guardian reports $1.6 billion in operating income, $8 billion in capital, and $71.5 billion in assets under management. Guardian consistently scores high marks for financial strength from all four major credit rating agencies and enjoys a strong competitive position in its major businesses: life insurance, disability income insurance, annuities, investments, dental and vision insurance and employee benefits.
As a mutual company founded 157 years ago, Guardian is owned by its policyholders. The company has paid dividends to policyholders every year since 1868 and the Company’s 8,800 employees and 2,750 financial representatives are aligned with its mission to help individuals, families, and small businesses achieve financial security and protection.
Guardian states its aspiration in the following way: “To be the trusted mutual partner, delivering financial security how, when, and where our clients prefer.”
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Training & Development
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Jul 10, 2018, 5:01:55 PM