Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Marketing Analytics & Planning - North America Marketing & Communications
• The North America (NAM) Marketing Strategy & Planning team is focused on identifying opportunities and minimizing risks for NAM Marketing through the analytics, measurement and reporting, insights generation, and planning disciplines.
• The key function of the team is to drive marketing strategies, measurement, reporting, planning and insights based on robust analyses of: the market place and consumer trends, Mastercard’s marketing and business performance, macro-economic indicators, competitive performance, the eco-system.
• The specific role of the Director on the team will be to provide measurement of key marketing campaign initiatives, track performance of marketing KPIs for NAM marketing dashboards and highlights reports and understand drivers of marketing performance to better design marketing initiatives and plans for Mastercard.
• This position also plays a key role in designing and providing critical marketing data-driven intelligence, ensuring marketing data and analytical integrity across multiple databases (web analytics, brand tracking, syndicated data bases, media data bases - MRI, Simmons, custom research data bases) and marketing tools.
o Do you like to create frameworks and measure impact of programs?
o Do you like to identify nuggets in the data to understand the “why” or “what” in order to make a positive impact on the business?
o Do you like to create compelling stories/create actionable patterns out of a lot of data?
• Develop marketing analytical framework and KPIs to track key marketing initiatives from all aspects – consumer, merchant, issuer and business (web analytics, social, brand, media and transactional). Set appropriate targets based on objectives for the marketing initiatives. Track marketing performance of these, develop and disseminate reports for each of these metrics. Provide context, hypotheses and the “so what” for results.
• Tracking, reporting and management of NAM Marketing Dashboards: Identify marketing metrics to track for the NAM Marketing Dashboards based on objectives and plans for the year. Set targets, track performance, understand drivers behind results and report results to key constituents along with potential hypotheses or “why”.
• Leverage internal and external business databases, tools and resources linking those business/macro-economic
data to marketing data to create and package quarterly trends and insights reports for specific products/verticals/channels
relevant for marketing programs. Reports should have a clear story line, should be visually appealing and should have a conclusion or “so what” at the end.
• Utilize existing advanced analytics tools and data bases like Marketing ROI impact tool to optimize marketing spend. Refine/upgrade existing methodologies developed to analyze impact of usage oriented marketing programs on Mastercard brand and business, marketing drivers of GDV. Recommend and develop approaches and methods to address key strategic and marketing questions.
• Work closely with St. Louis/Data warehouse to leverage internal data, marry it with external information where appropriate to develop insights on how marketing campaigns impact Mastercard data.
• Pull data from our data warehouse through existing tools or programming to develop on-going management reports, insights, dashboards and custom/ad-hoc queries. Pull data from our external providers – media agency, Yankelovich, IPSOS, digital agency, Mintel, Euromonitor and where appropriate marry with internal data.
• Role reports into VP, Marketing Strategy & Planning – North America
All About You
• Demonstrated success in marketing analytics across channels and initiatives – web, direct, campaigns, promotions, sponsorships, brand, media, research. Payments/financial services experience preferred but not required.
• Strong data visualization, data packaging and storytelling skills. Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint skills, SPSS skills.
• Consultative abilities, strong problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to integrate intelligence sources and connect the dots to arrive at a conclusion/hypotheses/story/the
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups.
• High energy individual, enthusiastic and passionate about numbers/analytics.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of marketing analytic methodologies and marketing analytics best practices.
• Ability to connect marketing performance results with media, finance, brand, results to develop hypotheses around drivers of performance.
• Experience with marketing data modelling techniques and tools that support marketing modelling, and conceptualizing marketing models preferred.
• Education in Marketing Analytics or Statistics desired. Advanced degree: MBA/MA/PhD in Marketing, Statistics, preferred.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.