Inside Sales Representative Life Sciences (Bio-Pharma) (entry-level) m/f
Graduate Development Programme
Job ID: 72551BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22 billion and over 70,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Do you want to be part of our journey into the future? Are you passionate about making a difference within the Life Science segment? If so, you might be the person we are looking for!
The primary functional objective of the position is direct contact with customers, to initiate and develop relationships, which will ultimately generate sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for covering vacant positions in the DACH region within our sales organization, supporting our customers through this time and providing the best possible sales representation for Thermo Fisher Scientific. As an Inside Sales Rep, you will be using the telephone as your primary tool.
Experience/Qualifications/Qualities:This role is a great role for a newly graduated BSc/MSc/PhD within Life Sciences with some sales experience who is ready to kick start her/his career.
- Identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers and successfully manage the sales of company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan
- Coordinate sales processes for assigned accounts for an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans
- Participate in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects as presented by the company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with company philosophy, policies, and procedures
- Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relation’s management software (Siebel CRM)
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, best practices, to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization
- Communicate with research scientists at all accounts for product information and sales presentations
- Coordinate quotations within company guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase revenues with guidance from management and/or marketing
- Support marketing programmes and programmes in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager
- Manage and close sales leads generated by colleagues in marketing and technical support
- Minimum BSc within Life Sciences required, graduating in 2017 or 2018
- Some experience from a sales function in relevant industry would be beneficial
- Strong capabilities to interact effectively with all customer types
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team
- Ability to manage time effectively to prioritize and complete tasks required
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and desire to succeed
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German is mandatory
- Conversational on a business level in English is required
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or similar programs required
We are looking forward to receive your application in English. Please refer to the above Job ID when applying.