Lead Software Developer, Shotgun Review
Location: Montreal, Qc
Job ID: 18WD29139
In the Shotgun team, we’re building collaboration software to enable the most efficient possible workflows for creative teams across the world.
We are currently looking for a talented, highly motivated and seasoned Lead Software Developer with management skills to work within the Shotgun Review team. A successful candidate is passionate and committed to working on an Agile team that will provides our clients the highest quality product that they expect from us.
As a member of the Shotgun Review Team, you will not only be working on a product and technology that hundreds of projects use every year, you’ll also be helping define it. Your input can make a difference! Our highly technical team will provide guidance and share their expertise in this exciting and important area of collaboration software that covers the entire project.
- Manage and lead a team of software developers, while also contributing as a developer
- Plan and manage the successful completion of software development releases
- Prototype, design, code, test, debug, document, deploy and maintain production-quality applications and software components
- Keep abreast of technology industry trends, solutions, standards and methodologies
- Provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- 7-10 years of professional experience as a developer and/or lead developer
- Strong knowledge of the C++ language and its concepts, in addition to its memory management and multi-threading management.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in design and object-oriented programming.
- Experience with revision control systems (GitHub)
- Experience with test- (or behavior-) driven development; automated testing
- Experience with applying Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt to frequent change
- Ability to communicate effectively and to collaborate across organizations
- Must be independent and show initiative
- Must be open to work on wide variety of assignments
- Written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Multiplatform development (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- Performance management; team management
- Experience with 3D graphics and shader programming in OpenGL or other graphic APIs.
- Experience with Image Processing algorithms
- Development experience in large software applications
- Familiarity with one or more Autodesk Media & Entertainment software, or other similar software
- Experience in libraries and component services development (Cloud)
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity.
Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.