Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world's best education, and we're motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 30 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 150+ elite universities around the globe with over 2,000 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come to Coursera.
In 2016, Coursera began hosting accredited online Masters degrees provided by University partners, which provide a more convenient, lower-cost, “stackable” means of earning credentials identical to their traditional on-campus counterparts. We also launched Coursera for Business, partnering with enterprise companies around the world to provide access to curated skill development for their employees, now serving 900+ customers.
We innovate, productize, and iterate at start-up speed. When you join, you will be expected to take up significant technical ownership for Coursera. Your job will be to drive innovation in building our front-end products and technologies, define requirements for backend that enable fast and efficient user interaction and collaborate with designers and product managers to push the limits of the user experience. Your responsibility will also include mentoring, coaching and nurturing fellow engineers through code reviews and system design conversations.
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch and long-term ownership.
- Build delightful, usable, and accessible interfaces for a global user base.
- Rapidly innovate on product with fail fast mindset.
- Playing integral part in architectural designs of our next-generation of frameworks.
- An appetite to dive in and understand all the nuances of front-end infrastructure too. Work with other developers to advance UI frameworks and best practices. We aspire to make front-end development easier, faster, and better for everyone at Coursera!
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering role
- Strong ability to design simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with implementing responsive web designs and writing unit and integration tests is a plus
- Fervent belief in engineering quality and building technical leverage for others
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!