USA-Utah-Salt Lake City
Employees at L3 Communication Systems-West create solutions that save lives. Join our team and serve those who serve us.
Who is L3 Communication Systems-West (L3 CSW)?
With over 3400 employees, we are one of Utah’s top employers. Our smart devices send mission-critical data into armed conflicts to help our troops stay safe by staying in touch with key information. We’ve taken large communications systems—ground based, mobile, satellite, surveillance and reconnaissance—and developed new ways to make them smaller and more capable.
Why should you work at L3 CSW?
Not only can you make life-saving differences for our troops, but at L3 CSW, you can have a flexible work schedule, buy up to 80 hours of additional vacation, access our on-site health clinic, work out in our on-site fitness center, eat in our on-site cafes with healthy food discounts, ride our shuttles or bicycles around our campus, take advantage of our tuition reimbursement, access L3 Perks, and so much more!
Who works at L3 CSW?
We are committed to diversity in every aspect of our business. Our inclusive culture welcomes all employees and values their unique contributions to our success. For L3 CSW, diversity enhances our business.
Are you ready to be L3 CSW?
Join us as we keep our nation and troops safe by providing life-saving solutions for use on sea, land, air, and space.
L3 Communications Systems West (CSW) is looking for an Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to provide in-depth information assurance support. The Senior ISSE will work with the Program Manager, Program Security Officers, System Engineers and others on the product development team.
- Identifies system and subsystem information security requirements, defines and integrates information security architectures into overall product technical architectures, and determines testing requirements and methodologies.
- Conducts analytical architecture trade studies and risk management activities related to the development of communications systems.
- Ensures documentation required for information security certification packages is complete and clearly supports verification of the system security requirements.
- Support system certification efforts for systems that are considered a major upgrade or utilize a new or leading edge technology.
- Provides design and accreditation support for products undergoing Risk Management Framework, ICD 503, DIACAP, and DCID 6/3 accreditation.
- Supports the entire product life cycle from proposal to ATO, and ensuring proper requirements are identified, derived, implemented, and met for system accreditation.
- Evaluates communications system technologies to ensure security designs incorporate commercial and defense best practices.
- Identifies status for accreditation process status reporting, participating in verification and validation (V&V) activities.
- Conducts and oversees V&V testing as required.
- Monitors internal and external information sources to identify and track potential threats and recommend corrective design guidance.
- Authors and reviews systems and security engineering lifecycle documentation.
- Assists the system certifiers during security evaluations.
- Coordinates relevant security certification issues with program managers, to be flowed up to government program office and accreditor representatives.
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Master’s of Science Degree in CS, CE or EE is strongly preferred, a Bachelor’s with 2-8 years related experience, or an equivalent technical education with 8-15 years related experience will be considered.
- Prior security experience is preferred, but not required
- Desired certifications for DoD 8570.1 IASAE Level I,II, or III: CISSP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSAP
- Additional desired certifications in CISA, CISM, CEH, or CPT
- Direct experience with Risk Management Framework, ICD 503, DIACAP, DCID 6/3 accreditation processes, artifacts, and tools
- US Gov’t Clearance: Active TS/SCI clearance preferred; if not, must have the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 25% is required
- A self-starter capable of working independently in a task/project structure, with the ability to assign, track, and execute tasks across multiple programs
- An effective oral and written communicator and negotiator, able to highlight the significance and impact of information security issues in non-technical terms and negotiate appropriate cost-effective resolutions
- Able to develop, assess and refine information security architectures across customer programs for broadly useful and cost-effective designs and process tools
- Able to design and develop network security measures that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication and non-repudiation
- Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g., Retina, NMap, Nessus, WASSP, SECSCN, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Experience working U.S. Government contract proposals as a cyber-security subject matter expert must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks.
Stay connected and learn more about L3 Communication Systems-West in Salt Lake City, UT
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Division - Communication Systems West-20000036
Jun 27, 2018, 9:42:06 PM