QA Project Managers are the primary owners for a franchise, product or major service/feature. They are accountable for the end-to-end quality of the entire product. This entails scoping, strategizing and budgeting plans for all aspects of the QA business on the project, performance managing the execution of those plans from pre-production all the way to post launch activities and acting as the main communication conduit to all partner teams in terms of QA activities.
What the QA Project Manager Will Achieve at EA:
- Defining and implementing metrics, reporting mechanism, management methodologies, and communication of processes and knowledge to internal and external teams
- Collaborate and assist in creating the overall Quality Plan; defining a project budget, forecasting a staff plan, communication plan and an overall test strategy.
- Formulate strong relationships within the QA teams, external vendors and all development partners.
- Improve efficiency/effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies, including further use of technology, automation, career management of staff, and development of new test tools.
- Be the advocate of QA across the product. Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
Does This Describe You?
- Multiple years of managerial experience with some of those managing leads or managers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
- Previous experience working in a distributed development or QA environment and managing external teams.
- Previous experience managing projects for both short and long iterations; being able to scope varied sizes and length of a project.
- Professional management training (PMP, PMI, MBA) a nice to have but not required.
- Understanding of server infrastructure, micro-transactions and testing methodologies would be ideal.