Working at Button is one of the most fun, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you'll have - and it's one of the reasons why we were voted one of the best places to work in NYC.
Button builds meaningful connections between mobile apps and websites by being the customizable interface and experience that allows our partners to guide their customers to make the right purchase at the right time. We’ve built our reputation on reliability and innovation, and our design team prides itself on thoughtful user-centric, design systems that scale effortlessly while remaining transparent. We create tools and products that empower both our partners and the customers we touch.
As a Product Designer at Button, you'll tackle fascinating and challenging product design problems for both B2B and end-consumer users. You'll be trusted to own your products from ideation and iteration to implementation. The opportunity to redesign mobile commerce will rely on and propel your skills forward across product strategy, user research, information architecture, UI/UX, interaction design, and design systems.
Design is part of the Product organization and designers, engineers, and product managers work together directly to shape the product, from how it's created to how it's positioned. Everybody at Button values and trusts the power of design. We're a tight, collaborative team looking for a product designer to help build products, experiences, and shape the direction of our team.
As a company, we believe in finding the right tool for the right job and are open to new technologies. Our design team currently uses Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Wake, Slack, and JIRA–and we’re just as excited about what we’ll use next.
AS A PRODUCT DESIGNER YOU WILL:
- Be actively involved in defining product strategy and roll-out within the team, collaborating with other designers and with the engineering and business teams
- Work to execute both long and short-term goals, always looking for ways to improve systems and process
- Conceptualize and design thoughtful user experiences and interfaces for both mobile and web
- Contribute to our flexible design system through Button’s UI components library
- Conduct user research and user testing with users from some of the largest Fortune 500 companies and with the average end-consumer on mobile.Learn new things and enjoy sharing what you're great at with others
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- 2+ years of experience on a product design or user experience teamKnowledge that spans user experience, user interface, user research, user testing, and interaction design
- Experience collaborating and communicating with engineers and familiarity with HTML/CSS, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Wake, Slack, and JIRA
- Understanding of how to move from sketches, to wireframes, to prototypes, to implementation ready designs.Experience with the product development process and the ability to reason through when to push back and when to make trade-offs
- Experience working in an iterative design environment, including giving and receiving feedback from designers and non-designers, and structuring design reviews
YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Cori Huang, Brand and Communications Designer at Button. Cori works on Button’s visual design, collaborating across teams to build Button’s visual identity and create scalable templates and assets. Cori also loves to read, travel, drink coffee, and make stuff with her hands.
- Grace Kwan, formerly at ed-tech startup, Coursera, Grace started her journey at Button as a front-end engineer in August 2016. With her passion for the details and user experience, she worked closer and closer with the Design team until April when Grace came to the dark side. If she's not interviewing users or prototyping, Grace can be found cooking for her friends and running her new food blog.
- Jeffrey Luong, is a Front End Software Engineer with a passion for good design and engaging user experiences. He was born and raised in New York and is currently living in Greenwood Heights in Brooklyn.
- Chris Maddern, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Button. Prior to Button, Chris led mobile engineering at popular social payments network Venmo & has founded several mobile products startups.. some of which were successful. In his spare time,
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You can learn more about how we are making Button a diverse and inclusive environment through our perks and benefits here.