What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary - Senior Strategic Sourcing/Procurement Officer
Bank of the West is seeking a Strategic
Sourcing Senior Procurement Officer with a strong background in sourcing,
developing, issuing and managing the RFX process, and managing
contracts/suppliers. The individual will support sourcing strategies, drive and
support significant reduction in the costs of goods and services year over year
and mitigate risks through negotiation of contractual terms. The ideal
candidate will have demonstrated strong partnerships with internal clients and
experience in successfully managing the end to end RFP process and negotiating
contracts with global suppliers in a range of product categories.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and issue RFPs, including managing the end to end
RFP process working with the business partners
- Negotiate and draft agreements and work with peers and
clients to ensure appropriate contract approvals are obtained and documented.
Provide contract management services for strategic and major agreements across
multiple categories. Negotiate and resolve disputes with suppliers.
- May develop and lead strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Facilitate and lead internal stakeholder teams, prepare
- Achieve year over year cost reductions.
- Track cost savings and present to senior management.
- May maintain supplier metrics and scorecards; schedule
regular supplier performance reviews.
- Partner with the Legal Department on complex contracting
- Provides guidance to internal business clients on
Procurement capabilities and processes.
- Support transformational procurement and sourcing activities,
including identification, development and execution of improvements of tools,
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- 6+ years of relevant experience in procurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, procurement,
finance, management or equivalent; MBA, a plus. Or an equivalent combination of
experience and education.
- Proven ability in managing high-level complex supplier
contracts and partnerships; preferably within the Banking Services sector.
- Proven negotiation/influencing skills with senior
management, including but not limited to Legal (Law Firms).
- Experience with benchmarking/Market Data Analysis (Bloomberg, SNL, S&P, etc.)
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with
suppliers and all levels of management.
- Must be an absolute self-starter, with strong project
management skills, and possess the ability to effectively manage multiple
demand and time resources.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
United States-California-San Francisco
United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-Nebraska-Omaha, United States-California-San Ramon, United States-Arizona-Tempe
Jun 22, 2018, 11:05:24 PM