Primary Purpose of Position:
Boston Properties is seeking an experienced, full-time, Graphic Designer. Reporting to the Marketing Director and working closely with the marketing team, the Graphic Designer is responsible for developing and managing marketing assets for the San Francisco / LA Region. The Graphic Designer is also responsible for providing graphic support for retail tenants, special events, and other internal departments as needed.
- Responsible for translating conceptual ideas into finished marketing assets; generate ideas, develop designs and produce printed and digital collateral under tight deadlines consistent with Boston Properties branding standards.
- Create and produce digital ads for social media, web and email marketing communications; for direct consumers and the brokerage community.
- Create proposals and presentation materials, such as PowerPoint, and bound presentations for new development, tenant-specific and investor presentations.
- Provide graphics, signage and advertising support for special events. Assist in event execution.
- Print and mount large format posters, diagrams, event signage, stacking plans, and other property images.
- Photograph special events and activities for marketing collateral and inter-department use.
- Create and maintain retail, tenant & storage floor plan database for all Bay Area and Los Angeles properties.
- Grow and maintain a graphic database of marketing material, logos and photographs for in-house and outside requests.
- Work with outside vendors for quotes, purchase orders, press proofs, and coordinate delivery of the final product.
- Maintains and orders supplies for all graphic design equipment (Epson plotter, Nikon camera, etc.)
- Work with Landscape Manager and Marketing Director on Holiday decor plans.
- Assist Regional and Corporate offices with graphic design needs as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, studio art or related field.
- 3+ years experience in graphic design or related area required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Microsoft Office required.
- Must be proficient in both Apple and PC systems.
- Must be comfortable using various adhesives, applicators and craft knives.
- Ability to translate design direction into usable and appropriate material in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in the use of Epson large format printer.
- Ability to interact with tenants with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to move hollow core doors and other necessary equipment for display production.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting – such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually standing such as operation of a printer.